Chapter Nineteen

A/N- I'm so sorry...

.........................................

Everything had been going too well. Something had to go wrong sooner or later, Jeongguk could feel it, and that something was a phone call. It was a cold and rainy Sunday afternoon. Tae and Jeongguk were sat in front of the small window in Jeongguk's dorm wrapped up in a fluffy yellow fleece blanket and were watching as the silvery raindrops raced down the cold plane of glass. Music was playing softly as background noise that integrated itself into the pattering of the rain outside and the two boys were immersed in their deep conversations about everything and nothing. The tender moment was cut off by the sound of Jeongguk's phone ringing. He sighed and picked up the small device reading the name that shone out from the screen. He had been expecting this as soon as he had sent his mother the message with his most recent grades a few hours ago. He, of course, had not expected much from the small piece of paper that had his marks inked into the page as he knew everything that had happened at the time he was supposed to be studying which had stopped him from doing what he needed to, his mother, however, did not. He had considered just not sending her the message; to say he simply forgot but the guilt he felt was too much. One of the reasons he was allowed to stay in the dorms and not at his home was because he promised to always send his family his exam reports. He knew that breaking this rule would not be forgiven lightly and so with clammy palms and hot nerves running through him, Jeongguk sent the dooming message. If he sent the message at a time he knew his mother would be busy and not able to instantly respond was not something anyone else needed to know. But he sent it nonetheless. He thought that at least that way he would have some more punishment-free time that he could enjoy. Hesitantly, he pressed the small green phone button that was glaring up at him and lifted the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" Jeongguk whispered through the phone, leaning further into Tae as though the elder male would be able to save him from whatever was about to come his way.

"Jeon Jeongguk."

Oh no. He winced. Oh no.

"You have two minutes to explain to me why you have failed your exam before I am coming up to your little dorm room and beating the answer out of you." His mother said lowly. Jeongguk shivered at the threat, he knew his mother was not actually going to beat him but the way her voice was barely travelling through the phone was enough to scare him into believing it. The black haired male took a deep breath before trying to explain himself.

"Um well you see Mother; I had some difficulties this-"

"Was it that boy?"

"His name is Taehyung, Mother."

"It was him, wasn't it? I knew that brat was trouble. Does he think messing around with you and your education is fun? A joke? A game?"

Jeongguk felt the elder tense behind him, his mother's harsh voice was carrying quite far, he had no doubt that the little distance between them was more than enough for him to be able to hear everything.

"It's not like that."

"Then tell me Jeongguk, what is it like?"

"There have just been some issues recently and it's not really his fault." He tried to reason.

"You need to come home right now. Your father and I need to speak to you. Bring Taehyung with you too. I expect you here by 6 pm tonight at the latest."

"Yes, Mother, goodb-" The phone was already cut off before he could finish his farewell.

"Well shit."