Chapter One; Hungry

"Great," Tom growled quietly as he and his two friends emerged from behind the trees to see the same clearing they started at. "You guys, I think we're lost..." Said anxiously Matt, looking over at his two friends. "Thanks, captain obvious." Edd snarled and looked back at the map. "Say, why didn't you bring our phones again, Edd? MAYBE we wouldn't have to run around in circles." Tom smiled, as he sat down on a stub. Edd threw the map at Tom, "Because YOU would just stare at it, and we wouldn't get anything out of a vacation Tom!"

"Guys, stop fighting! We can figure something out!" Matt waved his arms, in order to get their attention. "Sure, go ahead Matt, figure how to get us out of here. No one even knows English here dude!" Tom snapped, sighing right after. "This is useless," Edd pondered, "We have to try again."
The three of them decided to go in a different direction, but either they nearly got tackled by an elk, or stumbled back onto an already reached point.

Four hours later, it was already getting darker, harder to see, and they were cold and miserable. "We should get ourselves a cover so we won't get wet if it rains overnight," Tom suggested, pointing at an overhang.
Soon enough, the shelter was (very crappily) built. Tom did most of the work, but then again, HE suggested it.

"Well, we should sleep it off," Edd said and nervously patted the ground, "We'll find our way back in the morning. "We should start a fire first," Tom said, picking up a few dry twigs and stones. "What are the stones for?" Matt asked. "We're in a forest dumbass. It sucks enough, I don't need it on fire too."
Tom reached in his backpack after pitching the camp, pulling out an old newspaper and a lighter. "Why the hell do you have a lighter Tom?" Edd spits out, pointing at it.  "So I can light you two on fire if you keep asking me dumb questions. " Tom growled, starting the fire.

 A few minutes later, the fire was happily cracking. That and the sound of Matt and Edd sleeping behind Tom let him drift away to unconsciousness too.

Tom jolted awake to a cold darkness and the dim light of the dying fire

Tom jolted awake to a cold darkness and the dim light of the dying fire. But the cold wasn't what woke him up. It was the growling and scratching. And, worst of all, howling. Tom immediately reached behind him and shook Edd's arm. As his friend sat up lazily, Tom could now easily make out the silhouettes of the wolf pack and their eyes. Glowing, hungry eyes.

"Edd, we have company," Tom whispered quietly as Matt nearly yelped. "Don't bother covering your mouth Matt, we're dead anyway," Edd said as he stared forward in terror.
"Indubitably." Matt stared just as horrified as Edd, maybe more, as he was unable to move a muscle.

                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    .

The fire died. As soon as the last coal set cold, the first brave wolf made his first step towards his dinner. When he was reassured it was safe, he howled and jumped at his screaming prey.
A loud "BAM" could be heard as the wolf landed on its side, dead...
Matt, Tom and Edd jolted their heads to the source of the sound, they saw another silhouette, but this time, of a tall man with a gun in his right hand.