Chapter ten; Hoarse voices

Tom didn't wake up to the sound of the annoying alarm, rather than warm winter sun shining through the blinds. He remembered the dream he had.
Tord gave him a chance, which Tom took and succeeded at winning Tord over. Yes, that was an amazing dream.

I just wonder how come my alarm didn't buzz? It's supposed to wake me up every day. Perhaps my phone isn't charged. I rolled over, ready to grab my phone, but instead of rolling to the other side of the bed, I bumped into Tord's sleeping body.

...
It wasn't a dream after all.
...
But what now?
Tom very slowly and carefully sat up, making sure not to wake ... his boyfriend up. It sounds so... surreal? Weird, to say the least. Boyfriend. Not an enemy anymore. Tom couldn't help but to smile like an idiot and nearly giggle. It was exciting. Finally getting to do all the things Tom wanted to do. He'll get to hug Tord without any fists flying. How awesome is that?

"Hmprf..." Tord groaned and rolled on his stomach, not noticing Tom's already awake. He put out his arms and stretched like a cat, yawning. Then he plopped his face into the pillow and sighed loudly. Tom slowly, and quietly laid down, pretending to sleep.

"...Tom?" Tord's hoarse voice filled the room. Tom managed to peek. Tord's hair was a mess and he looked still half asleep. Tom resisted a chuckle. Tord is truly spoiled. He can get up whenever he wants, as he works in a bar. Night shift. God, Tom would love a job like that. Tord applied for a different job when he moved here, but it was "boring" and "bland" to him. So he quit and became a barman instead. I call out to him, he takes cool risks. It will dig him under one day.

"You awake...?" Tord croaked again, before clearing his throat. "Tom, I know you're not sleeping." Tord's voice was way clearer now. I smiled but kept my eyes closed. "Tom, du spiller med meg, hei?" Tord said, sadly, I didn't understand a word.  I smiled even wider, but my eyes remained shut. "Oh, I see," Tord whispered.
I heard Tord shuffled around for a bit. Then he stopped. I felt warmer for some reason.
Then I heard a whisper right next to my ear. "I know you're not asleep Tom. Ignoring me will not get you a nice result~" I could feel Tord's warm breath, as butterflies exploded in my stomach. I breathed out but refused to open my eyes. I was snickering now, but my eyes remained shut.

Tord was inches away from Tom's face. He wondered what would make him open his eyes. 'What a stupid game he's playing with me...' Tord thought, smiling slightly. 'I bet anything that this will.'

Tord leaned in just enough to brush his lips against Tom's, but not enough to actually kiss him.
According to Tord's plan, Tom's eyes jolted open. "Huh?!" His face was a blushing mess. 'Tom, you better get used to this.' Tord thought. "Morning sunshine~" Tord chirped, as he sat up. He stretched his arms, yawning. "G-good morning Tord."
Tom yawned as well, wiping tears out of his voids of eyes. "Slept well with me?'' He asked, smiling at the Norwegian. "Yes, I have." Tord grinned, getting out of bed, shaking slightly when his bare feet touched the cold ground. "Brrrr..." Tom got right after him.
.
.
.
Soon enough, the boys were sitting on the kitchen counter, munching on their cereal. "So," Tord started, "I've been meaning to ask you Tom. You're good at music, right?" Tom nodded, "To some extent. That being a bass." Tord nodded too. "Hm- would s violin go well with a bass?" Tom nearly laughed. "Do not tell me you play the violin!" "I do!" Tord crossed his arms. "It's pretty hard!" "I know, I know... And yes, nearly any instrument goes with a bass." "Great."

After finishing their breakfast, both decided to watch some TV. The news came by.

'Even after a year, the police is still not able to identify the criminal behind, what people call, the giant robot attack. It has also been known that named criminal is also the former Red Leader, a dangerous individual, who has led an army of soldiers, individually mentally scarred or insane.'

Both stared at the screen. Then, Tord got up, looking disgusted. "I would never hire anyone with a mental disability! Liars! I had four followers!" Tord was going on and on the reporter's mistakes, while Tom was laughing. "Wait, wait... the best one HAS to be... 'dangerous'! He'll yeah, he'll flirt you to death!" A mother burst of laughter followed. "I'm not a flirty guy at all!" Tord insisted, looking even more offended. "Yes you are."
"Hey Tom, how about you stop at where I work tonight? Could be fun." Tord suggested, sitting next to the short man. "Uh, sure," Tom said. But he wasn't really looking forward to meeting Tord's friends.

Who knows who they could be?

The rest of the morning and evening finished pretty casually. Tom and Tord pretended to fight in front of Edd and Matt, laughing at them. They all watched a movie, Ringo got stuck in the fridge, destroyed Tord's hands... you know the drill.
Nevertheless, through the whole day, Tom's been thinking about what kind of people Tord talks to. Guess he'll find out soon enough.

A/N
Warning; the next chapter may include sexual content. *winks*

-Roe

PS: I edited the A/N since I didn't feel like writing angst... Again.