Chapter three; Who's a good kitty?

Tord disappeared into the darkness of his shed, leaving Tom, Edd and Matt behind. They quickly followed him and closed the door, they weren't taking the chances of being a wolf's dinner.

After entering the tiny house, their noses were hit by a strong fire smoke scent. The hallway was dark and led to a single door, which was opened. Edd was the first one to peek in.

The room before him had a very strange layout. There was a huge fireplace centred in the room, the couch was put on the left side of the fireplace, not right before it. In the couch's place was an old rug, a little torn and dirty. It also looked wet. Right behind the couch, on the left side of the room was a small wooden dining table which was visibly handmade. The chairs at it were from the same material. On the right side was a rather tiny kitchen, consisting of a rather old and rusty looking gas plate, a set of non-fitting cupboards, and a sink with a kitchen unit, on which was a thick wooden board with some bloody pieces of meat on it.

Edd decided not to question the last part, as he probably did not wish to know whose it was.

Yet, there was no sight of Tord, who disappeared seconds before them. The room was lit just by the fireplace.

"Edd, are you going to stand there forever or what?" Tom grumbled and pushed his friend aside. He stepped inside and looked around. "Commie? Where did you go?" He growled before setting on the couch. Matt gave him a judging look, which Tom repaid him. "Tord? Where are you?" Edd asked.

Suddenly, a trapdoor swung open from the ceiling, dropping down a huge wooden ladder, with a huge thud that made the trio jump.

"I'm right here you chickens." Tord's head appeared in the trapdoor. He did not bother climbing down the ladder and he jumped right down. "I had to fix something. Either way, don't go up there."

"Why not? You building a giant robot there?" Tom growled at him. "Thomas, keep your mouth shut, or I'll feed you to a lynx." "Ooh, I'm scared of cats! What's he gonna do? Munch at my shoes? HA!" Tom stood up, ready to argue. Edd scooped in, shielding Tord and calming Tom down. "Now, that will not be necessary. If you'll excuse me for a bit Thomas," Tord made a grimace, "I'll go get you the 'kitty'." Tord bowed before Tom sarcastically, before opening a door behind the couch the Edd did not notice in the dark. He left it open.

About a minute later, they heard soft growling

About a minute later, they heard soft growling. Matt hid behind Edd, quite uselessly, as he was taller than Edd. Tom backed away, with a cautious expression. Suddenly, Tord walked in, carrying a lynx in his arms. It was huge, huger than Tom expected. He did not expect Tord to have a goddamn lynx in the first place. The thing growled and hissed, its claws digging into Tord's hands. Edd noticed the lynx had just three feet. "Well, Tom? Would you like to hold her? I believe you like cats, don't you." Tord closed in on Tom, who back away. "No, that won't be necessary." Tom was sweating as the thing clawed at his arm. "Careful, she bites," Tord warned, before overly gently laying her on the towel. "Tord, for what reason do you have a lynx?" Edd asked, backing away from it. The trio was huddled behind the couch now. "Oh, I help the forest keeper manage predators. There's a lot of lynxes who get injured. We have to take them out," He gave the lynx a loving gance, she repaid him with a death glare, "But I found Yael as a cub, and I didn't have the heart and ammo to do so. So, she lives with me."

Matt stared at Yael for a while. Then he managed to look at Tord.

That's the first time he got a decent look at him.

He was wearing an eye patch across his right eye, his cheek was scarred and he was wearing a glove on his right hand. There were bandages across his neck. "Tord...That's from the giant robot...Incident?" Asked Matt, gesturing on Tord's face. "Ah, yes. But it healed now...To an extent." Tord chuckled and walked to the kitchen, grabbing the huge piece of meat. As he carried it closer, Tom shivered in disgust at the gore. "Dude, is that a rabbit?"

"No, that is a hare. But don't worry," Tord chuckled again, "It's not for you." Tord threw the body of the hare on the floor before Yael, who immediately snatched it.

Tord smiled like he just accomplished something great, turning to his former friends. "You must be tired, why don't we talk everything out tomorrow?"

After leading them to another room they did not notice in the dim light, he disappeared back to the main room shutting the fire. He left the door open due to Tom's demands, so the three could see Tord dozing off sitting next to Yael, who was grumpily chopming on the hare.

They fell asleep very soon after that.

A/N

I'm sorry if this chapter was a bit long, also... Moving for the real stuff soon! I mean... This IS a TomTord fanfic... But who did not know already?? Goodnight for now!