|06|

All the books got lil revamped with a header and footer, in case you are wondering😁 Also, point out the typos please!

They sat beside each other, shifting in their seats with awkwardness screaming in between then. Well, if you stick your tongue down someone's throat even before having a normal human conversation, then the uneasiness is inevitable. Annika took out her book 'The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah' because reading through the journey was way better than throwing occasional glances at Shivaay and sharing an uncomfortable smile every time their eyes met. Vianne and Isabelle's story so far had been intense in the book and she couldn't wait to read more. The conditions Isabelle went through in the Nazi concentration camps after they took over France were truly heartbreaking. After those moments, Annika reached the part of the story that made her bawl her eyes out. She didn't realize she was sobbing until she saw Shivaay hand out a whole box of tissues for her. She gave him a teary smile and continued reading. She felt his eyes on her from time to time as if he was checking on her that she finally turned to him,

"I do weep when I read and there is nothing unusual about it. Some books leave us gutted." She sniffed as said defensively.

"I never said anything." Shivaay looked at her amused.

"I can see it on your face. You are looking at me as if I honked all over the plane with purple goo that has sprinkles on it." She rolled her eyes.

"That is a very disturbing. I wanted to actually tell you... Well... Never mind." He went back to the magazine he was reading. She gave him a dodgy glance and went back to her book. She let out a heavy breath when she closed it. They were going to land in half hour. She pulled out her compact to powder her face and was horrified to see her cheeks covered in mascara and eyeliner.

She looked like a bloody raccoon,

She wiped it profusely while throwing glares at Shivaay's direction.

"In my defense, I thought you wouldn't like it if I told you about it. You were, you know, crying." He fiddled his magazine awkwardly.

"Did you think I fancied looking like a lovechild of the Nun and the Joker?" Her comment made Shivaay snicker and she gave him her you-will-hate-messing-with-me look which made him shut up. She made Shivaay catch her mirror while she reapplied her makeup. He scowled and looked around embarrassed.

"You can use the washroom."

"Nah, I prefer a toff holding my mirror." She gave him a saccharine smile. She turned when she heard the couple behind them giggle a little.

"Men don't know the drill dear. Make your boyfriend suffer for not telling you before," The old lady said and a pink hue set on both Shivaay and Annika's faces. Annika gave the old couple a smile and turned back.

The silence set in again and it was brutal.

And there was a huge elephant in the room.

You don't generally make-out crazily and then pretend it didn't happen at all. You just don't get to do it.