Runaway

Smirtz: Omg no. Okay I dare L to break out of prison and escape to Mexico! 

L sat in his cell alone, his previous cellmate had tried to attack him and L broke his nose. After more than one incident like this, L had been in his own cell ever since. Other than the hygiene being a problem and that there were no desserts here other then jello, prison itself wasn't so bad. 

The only thing that really bothered L, was the trial. He had no clue what to say that wasn't known about the case, no way to truly convince the jury he was Kira. L tried not to think about Light whenever he heard that name, he had so many things he wanted to say. He'd been yelling at himself ever since he got here, his sense of justice screamed at him for not turning Light and Misa over to the police. Yet he felt as if he'd done the right thing. At that moment a guard came in and stood by his cell door. 

Guard: Hey Kira you have a visitor 

L nodded and followed the guard to the visitation area. L saw who waited for him on the other side of glass. He sat down and took the phone of the hook. 

Watari: Hello sir, I have a dare for you

L: Nods*

Watari:  You must escape and run away to Mexico. 

L: Is everything in place?

Watari: Yes sir

L: Good, thank you Watari

Watari: Of course sir

L and watari parted ways for the moment, although L counted down the hours until the moments of his escape.

*************

Later as everyone went back to their cells a guard came to L saying that he had to go to a solitary cell for the night. As they walked the guard steered away from the cells and took L to a laundry basket. The guard reassures L that no one would search the basket and L climbs in forcing himself under the disgusting laundry. 

The guard wheels the laundry into a truck, which was disguised as  the normal laundry van that comes. Of course the man behind the wheel was Watari, who thanked the guard for his help then drove off with L safely hidden inside. 

A few hours later the truck came to a halt at the docks. Watari let L out of the back and gave him a package. Inside were a change of clothes, a new ID, passport and currency. L hugged Watari then climbed onto the boat that was waiting for him.

L watched as the shores of his home grew distant, L had left his friends  and his first love behind. There was no going back now, he'd always be wanted by the authorities. Luckily for him he was good at laying low. He'd miss having Watari around, but he had to accept it. Watari knew how to cover his tracks and the police would not find anything on him. Light an Misa were in the clear and so were everyone else who knew him. 

L could never return and he would most likely never see anyone he knew again.

Writers note:  ok, guys this the final chapter. I don't know whether or not I'll do a sequel, although I doubt I will. I'm afraid I have other stories I need to work on, and I've unfortunatley fallen out of love with this fandom. I'm still a fan I'm just not that invested anymore. So anyway I hope you enjoyed.