why am i not enough? - p . j . m

Da Yeon's P.O.V

"Gosh, I've never been this satisfied before." I chuckled after all 4 of us finished the choreography.

It was clean and sharp.

Seulgi, Kino, Jimin and I were watching the video of our last take.

But Jimin wasn't as interested.

During the key points of the dance, the rest of us 3 were smiling brightly and in awe, but Jimin seemed to be bothered.

I kind of noticed since the beginning of our practice that he was slightly off.

He barely smiled.

Even Seulgi was trying to build the atmosphere with him since they were dance partners, but it was hard for her. I could tell.

Quickly, I shifted away from the group, and tapped on Jimin's shoulder.

He was startled and almost dropped the phone in his hand and I chuckled slightly, before asking him the question I've been waiting to ask him for a while.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

He forced a smile and shook his head, putting his hand above mine.

"Nothing is." He assured me, yet I couldn't help but feel uneasy.

"Talk to me after this, hm?" I said, and he pursed his lips, looking away, as if slightly ticked off.

Did I do something?

"You wouldn't wanna know." Jimin said, and I frowned, before going back to Kino's side.

When I thought he was fully engrossed in the dance video, I realised that he was actually hearing us the entire time.

Even though his eyes were glued to the screen, he was still hearing us talk.

Even when he talked to me, he softly asked, "How's he?"

"Not sure. He doesn't seem happy about something." I said as we both continued to watch the video.

Funny how we thought Jimin would be the one who really wanted to win this competition, but the rest of us are the ones who are actually paying attention to the video.

"Maybe I can talk to him later." Kino muttered and I rested my chin on his shoulder, yet shaking my head.

"I'm gonna leave first. Gonna go accompany my brother." Jimin simply said, and before we all could even say our goodbyes, he already left.

"Think he needs some time alone." I sighed.

Knowing that Seulgi could hear us, I had a plan.

"Seulgi," I said, and she turned to me, "Do me a favour."

She huffed out, already knowing what I was gonna task her with.

"Ok first of all, I know you think Jimin likes me but I'm very sure he doesn't. So making me ask him about it probably isn't the best idea. And secondly, I absolutely hate dealing with him when he's like that." Seulgi crossed her arms.

"Come on~ Just this once." I pouted, and Seulgi gave up.

"I'll try." She said.

"We can't have him looking expressionless during our competition too. We'll definitely lose points if he does what he's doing now." Kino pointed out.

"I'll figure out what's wrong. And I'll make sure he doesn't do that on the day itself. Someway, somehow." Seulgi said.

"Anyways, we're definitely done for the day. Think all we need to do is to sharpen up. I gotta go now too so, last one out remember to turn off the lights and air conditioner." Seulgi giggled, before standing up and stretching.