Epilogue || Back to the Past

A/N: last chapter :'(

≁≁≁≁≁

Castiel flashed back with two bags of blue blood. "I'm back," Cas said, stepping beside Connor.

"Cas, it's too late," Sam told him. Sam showed Cas that Connor had shut down.

"He's dead?" Castiel asked. He sat next to Hank and Connor. "I'm sorry this happened. I thought... I thought the thirium from Ralph could've helped him."

Hank sniffled but quickly brushed it off. "Yeah, yeah. Don't be sorry, it wasn't your fault Castiel."

"The thirium would've helped," Dean said. "But we were just too late."

The group collected and stood around Hank and Connor. They all hung their head and silence filled the atmosphere.

Their friend Connor was dead.

≁≁≁≁≁

Third Person PoV
|| Sam, Hank, Dean, Cas

A few seconds passed but no one moved. They didn't know what to say or what to do. Everyone just watched Hank hold onto Connor. It was Sam who made the first move.

He got down beside Hank and placed his hand on his shoulder. "Hank? You okay?"

"Dammit, yeah," Hank defended. He looked up and sighed. His face was dry but his eyes were shiny. He rested Connor down softly and stood up. Everyone watched.

"How about we all go back to the Police Department?" Sam suggested. "Dean, make a call there and report the incident. Have some officers sent here."

"You got it." Dean got his phone and stepped away from the group to make the call.

Castiel set down the bags of thirium that had no use now. He sighed audibly, but no one caught it. Cas didn't know what to do; then again, he didn't think anyone knew. If they had only arrived a few seconds earlier, their friend would've been fine.

But then Cas stopped himself. Connor was an android, right? A machine constructed by CyberLife. Does that mean...?

"Hey, angel dude, we're outta here," Hank grumbled. Cas was shaken from his thoughts and turned to Hank.

"Yes, Hank, I'm following."

﹂﹁ ﹂﹁﹂﹁

Several minutes later, the group arrived to the DPD. They got out of the car and walked in. The group was still quiet, but some comments were made to try and help ease the tension.

Jeffery Fowler, the guy who runs the department, greeted them in notice of their arrival.

"Lieutenant Anderson, how did it go?" he had asked.

Hank stared him down. "Just fine," he said before continuing on. Sam and Dean looked at each other but continued on. Castiel took noticed of something before pulling Sam and Dean off to the side.

He looked at them both. "What are we going to do now?"

Sam sighed. "I'm not sure. Connor's not coming back, but we have to go home."

"We just can't leave the guy, but we do have to go back," Dean said.

Castiel nodded. "Should we wait until Hank gets another partner?"

"But who knows how long that will take," Dean commented.

"I know what you boys are talking about," Hank called to them drowsily.