06 || Human Flaws

Hank stared and drank his drink he still had. "I still think I'm hungover and I'm dreaming."

Connor shrugged. "Could be worse. You could be dead or you're just dreaming a normal dream."

"Don't remind me, Connor. Trying to make this easier for myself, dammit," Hank smirked as he finished his drink.

Sam laughed and Castiel smiled. Dean drunkenly pat Castiel's head. Connor smiled but it was very hidden.

But how were they going to solve this case?

≁≁≁≁≁

Third Person PoV
|| Sam, Dean, Cas, Hank, Connor

The group arrived back to the police department to take record of the previous events. Everyone followed Hank to his desk and paused. They all stared.

Gavin Reed leaned on Lieutenant Anderson's desk with his arms crossed.

"Shit," Hank mumbled.

"Well, well, well," Gavin taunted. "The FBI and DPD working together?"

"Move your ass," Hank commanded. "This isn't your case."

"A piece of plastic, an old drunk, and two FBI agents who look like they're from the early 2000s as a team. Can it get any better than this?"

"I'll say it again. Move you ass, Reed."

"What are you going to do, old man?"

Dean stepped forward. "Move it jackass. This isn't your case, and it isn't damn near your desk," he said. Everyone hesitated. For being drunk, he could straighten up when angered.

Sam took out his badge and flipped it open for Gavin. "We're apart of the FBI, so I suggest you get moving."

Gavin rolled his eyes and stood up straight. He glared at everyone, eyeing Hank and running into Connor's shoulder. Connor stared and followed him out.

"He seems like a truly unpleasant person," Castiel commented, looking between the three.

Connor nodded. "He displays a very hostile attitude and his actions are as well."

Sam cleared his throat. "Dean, could we talk for a second please? Alone?"

Dean was still drunk, but he was starting to clear up. He nodded and left with Sam, leaving Hank, Connor, and Castiel to talk about the case.

Third Person Dean PoV
|| Sam, Dean

Sam and Dean walked away from Connor, Hank, and Castiel to the wall. Sam led Dean and stopped to look at him.

"The shifter knew me, Dean," Sam accessed. "And it wasn't good."

Dean stared and thought. They were about twenty years into the future. He had never thought about it deeply, but there were many outcomes for him and Sam's future: death, family, or loneliness. He could be dead in this time, he could have a significant other, or he could be wandering around alone because his younger brother died.

"Well start explaining then," Dean ushered.

Sam sighed. "Dean, it's 2038. I'm missing and you've given up on looking for me."

Dean stared at Sam in shock and anger. Sammy was gone? Was he dead, or just taken? Who had caused it?

"What else did it say?" was all that came out of Dean.

"It has been years ago. I'm not dead, just missing. You spent months trying to find me but gave up," his younger brother told him.

Dean grimaced at Sam. "'Just missing'?" he asked. "Dammit, Sam! That's nowhere near okay! Do you know who you were taken by?"