#PlanetOrPlastic

My camera didn't click, or, at least I couldn't hear it click. The roar or underwater currents were too loud. I swam slowly, carefully, trying not to disturb the small, fragile creature in front of me. I held my camera level with the seahorse. That's when I noticed the q-tip it was clutching. It wasn't a commercial area, and upon first glance, there seemed to be no trash. Unaware of the monster behind me, I managed to take a few pictures before the sea swept me into a wall of plastic. It filled my lungs, quickly strangling me. A scream tore itself from my throat. The seahorse just stared, still clutching the q-tip. 

As the final bubbles drifted away upon the cold, brutal sea, the seahorse spoke. "This is what you've done to us. This is what we feel."

My camera was stolen by a swarm of glimmering fish.

 My eyes froze in my skull. My flesh was torn away by broken plastic. As I floated, frozen, dead, a turtle swam by. It had bottle rings around its throat. A crab scuttled past using a bottle for a shell. I could only watch as hundreds of animals, covered in plastic, wrapped plastic bags around my throat. The seahorse's shrill laugh echoed in my dead ears. A pod of dolphins joined in this cosmic joke, and sharks danced with plastic wrapped seals.

 The animals left and came, always bringing plastic to decorate my grave. And all I did was watch, paralyzed, watching. Watching. Watching...

***************
This is just something I whipped up for the #PlanetOrPlastic contest
Please tell me if you see any grammar errors/if you have any suggestions to help me improve :))