Chapter 5: Learning Magic

~Your POV~

I was already awake and had poofed up breakfast. I sensed Kokichi waking up as I nibbled on a cookie we had baked the other day. What? Just because I don't have to eat doesn't mean I can't eat. I love food. Kokichi walked out of his room, yawning with an adorable case of bedhead. He sat down and thanked me for the food before eating quietly. Kokichi's mind was just a quiet buzz this morning. Obviously he was still tired. There was a buzz in the pocket of my coat. I reached in and pulled out my (F/C) flip phone. I flipped it up checking what was up. "Aren't you like a God of Death or something? Why do you need a phone?" Kokichi questioned. "First, the correct term would be Goddess since I am indeed female. Second, no. Technically I am not a Goddess of Death. I am death...to some extent. But I'm not the one who makes the rules. I'm just a lowly Field Reaper. And third, I like to stay connected. And I find flip phones cute which is why I don't use a smartphone. Besides I don't trust that dumb auto-incorrect of yours." I explained. Kokichi snickered returning to his food. Auto-incorrect. I'm using that. He thought. "Feel free to." I said with a shrug checking my messages. 

R.H.Q: We have a new assignment for you. 

I frowned a little. Hasn't Karasu told them yet? I thought. 

Me: I can't.

R.H.Q: (Y/N) we know you don't like your job and everything but you're an important part of the process. 

Me: No. I literally don't have to now. I'm contracted. 

R.H.Q: You're what?

Me: Contracted. I formed a contract with a human.

R.H.Q: ...

R.H.Q: When?

Me: A few days ago. I think it's been almost a week. 

R.H.Q: .....

R.H.Q: You're not suppose to show yourself to humans (Y/N). No matter how much you hate your job. 

Me: I didn't show myself to him. He was able to see me without me turning off my invisibility. 

R.H.Q: !

R.H.Q: This hasn't happened in years....

R.H.Q: Do you know if he's related to any spell casters or supernatural creatures?

Me: ?

I looked over at Kokichi. "Ko, do you have any magicians or supernatural creatures in your family tree?" I questioned. He shot me a look. "What? How the hell should I know? Aren't you the one who knows everything about me?" He shot back. "I only know what you know about yourself. Unless I consulted the Books of Time I wouldn't know anything about your lineage. That's why I'm asking you." I said. "By that logic it's still pointless to ask me because if I did know anything then you should too!" Kokichi shouted. "Fair point." I said. "So do you?" I questioned. "I DON'T KNOW (Y/N)!" Kokichi yelled. 

Me: He says he doesn't know. 

R.H.Q: Did you search his memories?

Me: Yes. 

R.H.Q: (Y/N)....

Me: I did! I swear! Reaper's Honer. 

R.H.Q: The kid doesn't know his own lineage?

Me: No. He's been alone his entire life. He was alone when I arrived and from what I can tell he's only had his friends his entire life. 

R.H.Q: Name. Age. Blood Type. And appearance. 

I looked back over at Kokichi. "Ko, how old are you? And what's your blood type?" I asked. A tick mark formed on his forehead. "I'm 18 and my blood type is A." He growled.