prologue

IN A WORLD WHERE the will to die or to live rules all, people must exist regarding the presence of Eros and Thanatos. Granted when they are born, Eros cultivates the very heart of the most innocent of humankind: infants. Treated with kindness and given a curiosity to explore the world around them, the very gift of Eros is the treasure of life.

They desire to live and as that desire goes on, so do they. However, in order to balance this comes the curse of Thanatos. Thanatos, known as the personification of death within Ancient Greek mythology, haunts the people that haunt themselves. Arising from a sin, Thanatos removes every drop of Eros from a being's body.

Without a will to live, they are cursed to oblivion, set to have a neverending desire to end themselves until the day they truly diminish. Along with Thanatos comes the ghost of a past or a future, one the being may or may not have met. While Eros revolves around the very person's will to live, Thanatos is far more deadly.

For Thanatos does not grant mercy.

For Thanatos does not only haunt the host itself.

For Thanatos introduces a far new spectacle to torment the unfortunate individual.

The very ghost of the person's past or their future: The Reaper.