Chapter 2

~Lance's pov~
November 20
6:34
After an hour of explaining what his family is like and its members Lance gave a few rules like no swearing in front of Dante and try to stay calm when the dog's around, after that they stopped to get food and get back on the road.

"Can we please change the music?" Keith asks with a pleading voice.

Lance laughs and unlinks his phone."You get to pick, but nothing super fucking depressing."

"Oh, how will i ever find anything?" Out of the corner of his eye Lance can see a smirk on the dark haired male's lips as he scrolls through music.

Music starts playing out of the old radio in Lance's car.
"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band," a soft voice started so sing happily along to the music, Lance looks over to see Keith resting his head on his gray pillow that is squashed between him and the car door. His eyes slowly closing from exhaustion. Granted it was 7:47 a.m. and they had been on the road for 10 hours straight, alternating between driving and relaxing in the passenger's seat. They were about 2 minutes away and were going to have to get out and unload the car.

Lance pulled up into the long gravel driveway and to the small blue house in the center of fields of grass and sand. He parks and gets out. Then he walks to the passenger's side and pulls a sleeping Keith out of the car to carry him inside.

7:54
A small woman, Esperanza, with graying hair, a pink flowered dress, greets her son.

"Lance finally you're home," she starts to walk towards him to give him a hug but then looks to a sleeping Keith and freezes. "We've already prepared yours and Andy's room for the two of you."

"Gracias mamá," Lance replies, kissing her cheek. He walks upstairs and down the hallway to a room carefully, to prevent dropping Keith. He lays Keith on the bed and turns to see a boy, around 6 or so, running towards him.

"Ance you're back!" He says, jumping up into Lance's arms,or attempting to do so.

"Dante it's so good to see you," he responds giving his nephew a pat on the head.

"Who's that Ance?" The boy asks pointing a chubby finger in Keith's direction.

Lance puts a finger to his lips to shush the small boy. "That's my friend. Keep your voice low so he can sleep."

"Yes Ance." He replies glumly.

Lance picks him up and carries him downstairs into the yellow painted kitchen and sits him on a chair. "I'll be back in a minute Dante, I have to unpack my truck."

Lance turns to his nephew, who is now sleeping in the chair. He smiles and goes to unpack his car.

-an hour later-
~Keith's pov~
8:54
Keith shifts and wakes up groggily. The sun streams in pools of light through the thin green curtains. He sits up, slowly rises to his feet, and walks through the hall and down the stairs. To see a dog sitting there, staring at him. The dog jumps at him and with a yelp Keith fell to the floor. A woman rushed in holding a sandal, yelling something in Spanish before throwing the shoe at the dog. The dog whimpered and ran through a door.

"Are you alright?" She asks with lightly accented English. She helped him back on his feet.

"I'm alrighty it's fi-" Keith starts but is interrupted by Lance's mom calling for him.