Chapter 3

~Keith's pov~
8:55
A very tired looking Lance trudges through the door carrying Keith's suitcase and pillow.

"Lance you should've woken me up instead of unloading the car by yourself," Keith says grabbing his things from Lance's arms. "You need sleep too."

"I feel dead," Lance replies.

"You look dead," Lance's sister, Kat, comments. Kat, or Katherine, is a girl around 15, she's thin, her hair is dyed blue and up in a ponytail that reaches her hips, a shirt, that says '75 vibe' on it, is tucked into army green jean shorts, her ears nose and lip are pierced, and she has similar facial features to lance but her eyes are a chocolate brown.

"Shut up kitty at least he isn't dead," Kat's twin brother, Andy, remarks. Andy is way thinner than Kat so much so that you can almost see his rib cage. Other than that he looks almost the exact same as Lance but with splotches of that chocolate brown in his eyes. He's wearing gray sweat pants, a red tank top, a gray and black hat that frames the crown of his head, and one of his ears is pierced.

A man that looks to be in his late twenties walks in the room with Dante following close behind.

"Can we not argue this early in the morning?" He asks sitting down. That would be Lance's older brother Cameron. He's wearing a similar outfit to Andy but without the hat. He has brown hair and tan skin but with a more muscled build, and patches of a paler skin randomly on his body. A couple years back Cameron's wife died of cancer and his family have been helping him take care of Dante while also going to work.

Lance grabs Keith's hand and tugs him along as he walks towards the upstairs of the farmhouse. "We need some sleep so we'll be upstairs if you need anything."

"Stay safe," Keith heard Andy mutter and then the kitchen erupts in laughter. Esperanza didn't seem too pleased by the comment, but she laughed none the less. Lance in turn groans, curses under his breath, and continues up the stairs. Keith cant help but giggle at the family's antics though.

12:08
~Lance's pov~
Lance sits up on the bed careful not to wake Keith up, but to his surprise the dark haired man was already awake. He had his sketch pad balancing on one knee while he was looking at his phone, probably for a picture of his friends to draw out.

"Good afternoon," Lance says, but the other male was so focused with his work he hadn't noticed that lance had gotten up, Keith jumped up with a yelp and whipped his head in Lance's general direction dropping his pencil in doing so.

"Holy shit Lance. Why do you keep doing that?" He asks trying to slow his breathing.

Lance doesn't respond he just laughs. Keith pushed him away and picked up his pencil again and continued to sketch. Lance however has a better idea. He picks up Keith's sketchbook and ran.

"LANCE BRING THAT BACK!" Keith yells. Lance doesn't respond he keeps running as Keith chases after him. They run out the white door with peeling paint and out into the furnace of California sun.

12:40
Lance, having lived in the house for many years, knew exactly where he was going, while Keith, well, Keith had absolutely no idea as to where he was to begin with. Lance eventually finds his way to a playhouse in one of the fields and ducks into a cabinet. The playhouse is very similar to an actual house, it has a kitchen with very realistic appliances, a family room, a dining room, and even a second floor for bedrooms. Lance's grandfather had made it as a gift to his grandchildren so that they get a home away from home sort of thing. Other than the fake appliances, the playhouse was basically a normal house.

Lance can hear Keith yelling for him in the distance but he ignores it, until the cabinet door swung open.

Hey guys for those of you who actually enjoy my questionable writing, here's an update... yay
(Ps. Yes it's short I've been busy failing the fuck out of Spanish so I'm trying)