The Contract

It looks like I have no other choice... The priest sighed as he opened the worn-out ancient book before him, turning to a certain page.

On the floor before him, he drew a certain pentagram with white chalk and bit his thumb. Letting the crimson liquid drip into the paper, he started singing in a chanting-like way

"Meramera to, moyaki tsukuse

sumi kara sumi made sono gouka de

atokata mo nokoranu you ni

tamashii made mo yaki tsukuse

Meramera to, moyaki tsukuse

ware no yobikake ni, kotae ima

orokanaru monodomo wo

guren no honoo de yaki tsukuse"

The pentagram started glowing a deep magenta color as the room grew darker. He continued to sing once more.

"Meramera to, moyaki tsukuse

sumi kara sumi made sono gouka de

atokata mo nokoranu you ni

tamashii made mo yaki tsukuse

Meramera to, moyaki tsukuse

ware no yobikake ni, kotae ima

orokanaru monodomo wo

guren no honoo de yaki tsukuse"

Ending the song, he yelled out in a stern commanding voice, "I call upon from the depths of the shadows, lend me your great strength with a seal. I summon thee from distant Earth, COME FORTH!"

Silence shrouded the room in a cloak of darkness for a few moments.

"Hmph, it's been a while ever since a human has last summoned one of us. However, it was my last thought that a priest would be the one to do so."An airy, feminine voice echoed through out the pitch black room.

Feeling slight fear, he cleared his throat and regained his posture. "It has seems that the so called -demons- at the present aren't the true ones as yourself Miss."

The voice laughed, "Oh, it does seem to have fallen that way hasn't it? Those foolish beings are just trying to be one of us. This world has really fallen out of place ever since I've last come to visit."

-Click-

The lights went back on in the room, momentarily blinding the grown man. Regaining his sight, he was met with crimson red and golden eyes. Or as the human scientific term, heterochromia iridum. The demon that stood before him was a girl who looked so, human. She was petite and thin, with long raven hair that had a clip in it so her asymmetrical fringe wouldn't cover her golden eye. Pale and flawless skin, complimented with rosy cheeks. She was wearing a deep red Victorian styled dress with a black corset that complimented her frame.

"Hn, not what you were quite expecting am I? For a human and fragile looking demon as I am." She frowned as took a step closer to the man with short greying brunette hair.

He chuckled nervously as he held his stance. "You speak the truth Miss." He spoke after a moment of complete silence.

"You reek of fear and determination, Seiji Komori. May I ask for your reason of bringing fourth one of the most powerful demons as I?" She gave him a small smile as to show that she is not a threat to him.

"I've summoned you to make a con-"

"I see that but it has come to my attention that you haven't summoned me to serve you for you to get revenge Sir." She gave him a small smile as an amused glint appeared in her eyes.

"... No I haven't. I want you to protect my daughter while she lives in the Sakamaki household. As a human.." He whispered the last sentence ashamed.

"Oh? You mean that adopted child of yours. Sending her away to a house filled with unstable beings." She monotonously stated.

Nodding solemnly, he sighed. "Just please. Protect her for as long as you can."

"You do know the agreements to my contracts no?" She asked expectedly, raising an eyebrow.

After some thought, he nodded yet again. "When my time passes, you'll devour my soul." He sighed, accepting his newfound fate.

She smiled. "Good." Darkness started to cloaked her figure as she took his wrist and surrounded it in blue flames.

"Ngh." He moaned in pain as she let go of his hand. A black pentagram was etched into his skin that mirrored the one on the floor before him.

Glancing at him one last time, she smiled. "I shall visit you when your time comes Sir. I'll be on my path to Yui Komori so you shouldn't worry about her too much now." She whispered before disappearing with the shadows.

Please protect her well... He thought.

Then he noticed. The book that had the information (which he used) to summon her was gone.