35: Rescue

(A/N) Sorry this is late, I was camping all weekend and was unable to publish!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"AAAHHHH!!!!" Yumi shouted as she ran towards Misui.

"Yumi wait!" Nagisa yelled as she ran off.

Many men started coming at them all at once and Nagisa growled under his breath.

"Hold them back Grip, Violence, I'm going to catch up to Love to protect her and Misui." Nagisa ordered as he jumped up and used the men running at him to get up towards Yumi without having to go through them.

Yumi was surrounded by five men coming at her all at once. Nagisa jumped down and stabbed one through the back of his neck, stabbing through the opening of the skull into the brain stem. The man collapsed into a bleeding pile on the floor and his fall alerted the other men to Nagisa's presence.

"You're the blue haired chick we were hired to torture! Yo guys forget the redhead, lets get this kid!"

Nagisa bristled at being called a chick, and smiled insanely when the man fell to the ground, a similar wound to the first.

"Don't forget me bitches. You may have been hired to hurt Death but it's my wife you took and I'm not letting you off so easy." Yumi growled, her eyes lit up in bloodlust.

More men came over to the two, streaming in from the side door.

Nagisa growled and pulled out a small syringe with liquid arsenic and slammed it into the external jugular artery of the man to his left.

The man pulled his hands up to his neck, a muffled "shit" exiting his lips before bile rose from his stomach and he collapsed to the ground, spilling his lunch all over the ground.

Nagisa kicked the man on the temple and set him unconscious in a puddle of his own vomit.

Blue eyes tracked to Yumi's form as she sent her knife precisely through openings in the ribs to pierce the heart of her attackers. A small grin formed on Nagisa face as more pieces of the puzzle which was Yumi's past clicked into place.

Hissing loudly, Nagisa's eyes thinned to wire-thick slits, his blue irises taking on an eerie glow.

Opening his jaw, Nagisa plunged his fangs into the attacker cocky enough to run directly towards Nagisa's front, not even attempting to catch him by surprise. Blood began to clog the man's throat, forcing him to cough it out only to find more blood from his internal organs sizzling from the inside out coming up to take the place of that which he just expelled from his body. The man collapsed to the ground, slowly suffocating while Nagisa impassively kicked him out of the way to move onto the next person.

Slashing knives and yells of agony roared out through the room.

Yumi thrust a knife up through the chin and into the brain of the last man in between her and her beloved Misui. After pushing the soon-to-be-corpse out of her way she sprinted the last few feet to get to Musui.

"Misui!" She cried, quickly using her bloody blade to cut through the robes leaving bruises on Misui's fair skin.

"Yumi! Oh Yumi you're here! You're really here! It hurt, Yumi it hurt so much!" Misui sobbed as she flung her now-free arms around her wife.

"Shh, yes, yes I'm here, I'm here Misu. They're not going to hurt you more, I'm here. I'm here."

Yumi continued holding Misui tight within the safe embrace of her arms, whispering sweet nothings into her ear while Nagisa, Karma, and Grip dealt with the few men continuing to fight. Many had fled at the first sign of the overwhelming power of the four but a few, prideful would-be henchmen remained to their demise.

Grip wrapped his deft hand around the face of another man and crushed the skull between his fingers, leaving more blood and assorted bodily fluids and materials on his skin. A quick shake removed the more solid parts before he moved on, totally unfazed by the blood after just over a decade of being in the assassination business.

Karma weaved through the men to get to his own husband, wrapping an arm around Nagisa's waste as he shot a bullet in between the eyes of a man coming from their left.

"You should bring me on your jobs more often~ It's been a while since I've felt such a rush~" Karma purred, pressing a kiss onto Nagisa's temple. Nagisa chuckled as he returned the kiss and used his venom to finish off the last man standing.

A warm smile bloomed on Nagisa's face as he looked over towards Yumi and Misui, the two still wrapped in each others embrace, finally safe and back together.

-----------------------------

(A/N) I did a lot of death research literally in school it was a lot of fun chatting with my classmates about the most interesting ways to kill people :))))