[9] the plan

m a r c i e

Just like the arse he is, he hangs up quickly and I'm left with the burning question.

I sat back down, thoughts flying into my mind continuously.

Seconds later, Calum returned, his nonchalant demeanor still surfaced.

I was still debating whether or not to ask because maybe I was scared that the truth would be bad.

"Okay, what's up?" He asks, leaning forward and placing his elbows onto the table.

"Nothing," I lie, arching my brow.

"Don't even try lie."

"Can you tell me what this 'plan' is?" The questions spills out of my mouth before contemplation.

His smirk is replaced with an impassive facial expression.

"It's nothing," He blatantly lies.

"Don't even try lie," I warn, already indignant.

I hated when he was secretive.

"I can't tell you," He huffs.

"I guess I'll just have to ask Nate."

I stand up and snatch his phone from the table.

"Marcie don't." He calls after me.

I rush into a toilet and lock the door behind me.

Hastily, I tap call and lift the phone to my ear.

He picks up on the third ring and isn't hesitant before asking several questions.

"How's it going? Did you see Zara?"

"What? Zara? Tell me what's going on!" I demand.

"Marcie?" He gulps.

"Explain everything."

"No I can't."

"I'll tell Miles you tried to kiss Madison," I threaten.

"Ah fine fuck," He groans. "So I told him that Zara is playing hard to get but does actually like him so he wanted to make her jealous. I told him to get a girlfriend and I didn't expect him to choose you of all people." He paused. I could feel the tears bulging in my eyes because I knew that the ending wouldn't be good. "And today he knew Zara would be at the cinema so he took you there. He didn't think you'd mind and you would understand," He elucidates.

"So-he was just using me. My best friend." I could feel the anger bubbling inside of me. He was just going to use me and he knew how I felt.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

Resentful, I hang up and throw his phone into the toilet.

I wipe my tear stained cheeks and leave the toilet.

I wasn't sure what I was going to say to him but I knew my anger would do the talking.

He was sat by the table we ate at, his head buried in his hands.

As soon as he heard my footsteps, his eyes darted towards me.

Speedily, he stood up and rushed over to me.

He stopped in front of me, speechless.

"You selfish fuck," I cried and slapped him around the face.

As soon as the night air collided into my skin, I began to sob uncontrollably.

The cruel reality was that this guy was my best friend and he didn't care about me.