chapter 0.1

johnny

walking at a fast pace on the sidewalk in the middle of town, drenched in rain and holding a jacket above his head johnny hurried into his workplace where he would earn $56 over the course of a long 4 hours. he had just came from his high school, Minho Public High School (MPHS), and was already exhausted from the 7 hours of classes. he changed into the appropriate clothing for his job at "The Happy Baker", a baking store and cafe in one, where Big Pops, the owner, was the head baker and waiter. the clock slowly ticked from 3:30pm to 5:30pm and johnny was bored out of his mind. the costumers had died down and he still had 2 more hours left. he kept watching the clock as it turned 5:31pm. with a sigh he started dozing off looking out the big sized front window, where he could see pedestrians passing through in cars and by foot.

as he kept dozing off he was forced back into his mind when the bell jingled and he look at the door to see a person wearing all black. johnny thought that they were a male as their figure was bulky and not too feminine. this person who looked mysteriously dangerous shuffled closer slowly while scuffing water on the newly cleaned floors.

"strawberry strudel and a latte with whipped cream."

johnny shortly studied this figures voice, scratchy and deep. raspy too. as if this male had just woken up or yelled way too much. he hadn't wasted a ton of time observing and typed the order in and the total.

"$7.45 is your total, cash or card." johnny smiled at the person, but got no facial expressions back.

this man had given johnny a purple $10 bill.

"$2.55 is your change, would you like your receipt?"

the man shook his head no and let out a cough.

with that johnny turned and started making the coffee. he added a simple white heart design out of instinct and added whipped cream. he grabbed a fresh strawberry strudel and handed it to the man.

"have a good day sir." he said with a smile as he watched the male leave the shop.

he checked the clock and it was 5:34pm now. since there were no costumers he went on the bakery side of the store and walked up to the computer. he searched for youtube, found it, clicked on it and clicked the search bar. he searched for Big Bang's "Let's Not Fall In Love" and played it through the speakers around the store. even though he didn't speak korean he still liked the beat and the lyrics he could make out he liked them.

*time skip to end of shift*

it was finally 7:30 and he'd gotten a few more costumers. there was currently 3 people in a booth chatting quietly while sipping on lattes, a guy listening to music while on his computer, and a famous group called BTS laughing loudly and shouting in korean.

johnny packed changed into his clothes and got ready to run home in the rain. he bought a pastry for his father and then left the shop.

he swerved through pedestrians and bicyclists as he ran home with his jacket, once again, over top of his head. his home was on the next block over so he cut the corner and ran on the road. surprisingly it was empty unlike the other roads. he payed no attention and walked up the stairs to unlock the door and enter his warm house.

—————

so this has like 600 words and i'm about to make this a WHOLE ASS BOOK. i'm extra so;) sorry for all the lower cases at the start i'm too lazy to edit it further ty bye