one

I R I S

I walked through the hallway with my head down low, hoping no one would notice me.

I tugged on the sleeve of my hoodie making sure it was covering up my arms. There was too much damage done to them to show anyone.

I saw Cecelia and froze.

please don't see me

please don't see me

please don't see me

"Irene." She shrieked.

I kept on walking pretending not to hear it.

"Irene!"

Cecelia got louder, alerting me she was angry. I continued pretending I couldn't hear her.

I was just focused on ignoring her. I walked into Samuel, all my books went toppling over onto the ground.

"Watch where you're going, and don't tough me again. Who knows what disease you'll give me." He said harshly.

The bell rang and some began to rush off to class, while others walked not caring they were late.

"Lovely, this is exactly what I need." I muttered underneath my breath, I was beginning to get more frustrated by the moment.

I then heard the screeching voice of Cecelia. I began to pick up my things much faster.

"IRENE!"

My name isn't even Irene she just called me that because according to her it suited me better than Iris. I turned around because there was nothing I could do.

"Why do you think you can ignore me. I am above you in every way and always will be."  She reminded me.

"Give me your science homework."

"B-but I need it." I replied, we both had science first period and Mrs. Penise got so mad when we didn't do something. She would immediately turn bright red.

"Did I ask if you needed it? No, I said give it to me. Now."

Sighing I handed it over to her then turned around and walked away. I might as well just get away from this hell of a place as fast as I can.

◇◇◇◇

This became a routine for us. I would give her my homework and skip first period.

Soon I even started doing the homework twice, so Mrs. Penise wouldn't explode.

When Cecilia figured this out she demanded I give the homework to her friend.

That was the start of our new routine.