Episode 2: Burning Red

Published: November 19, 2018

Episode Plot:

Valerie Gray is back and...is on the run? You read it right. After Danny Fenton's secret persona was revealed and he saved the world, Valerie's world went spiraling downhill.
She decided that she needed revenge.
But not on Danny.
On Vlad Plasmius.
The man who lied to her about Danny and basically ruined her life.
So Valerie did the only logical thing: drop high school, continued with ghost hunting despite her father's desperate plea for her to stop and and set off on a hunt to get revenge on Vlad with the tech that he made.
But things aren't going as planned and Valerie quickly discovers that she might have gotten in a bit too deep and is in some desperate need of help.

———————————

Valerie Gray let out a groan of pain as she landed harshly on the ground, skidding across the pavement and feeling it scrape against on her side and into her skin.

She hiss as she rolled herself off of her back and onto her stomach, before struggling to push herself back up to her feet.

This was not how she planned on today going. Well, it wasn't how she planned any day going but when you're a very well-known ghost fighter/hunter, ghost from all over come over and try their chances at destroying her.

Valerie never seemed to get a break. Everything around her seemed to be coated in red. Even her vision itself seemed red. She was in pain and she was angry. No, not angry, enraged is a better word.

But she couldn't really blame the ghost for it. It was her choice to leave everything she's ever known behind to lead a life of ghost hunting.

Valerie grunted as she struggled to reload her gun that was use for trapping ghosts, similarly to the way Danny used a Fenton-thermos except hers was much more high-tech, curtsey of Vlad Plasmius ironically enough.

Valerie angrily whacked her fist against the side of her gun which was refusing to cooperate. "Come on! Stupid. Technology!" She growled. She glanced up at her enemy and managed to dodge him shooting a laser beam bullet at her before it struck her in the chest.

Valerie was panting heavily and could feel sweat slowly trickling down the side of her face. She was pretty sure at some point during the fight she had broken a rib due to the sharp pain she felt at her side whenever she moved.

She was utterly exhausted but if Valerie knew stopped fighting, she would be killed. Or taken hostage by her opponent but most likely killed.

Neither of those options sounded pleasant.

So, Valerie refused to give in and kept fighting, doing her best to ignore the pain in her side and the tiredness that continued to crash over her. Valerie suddenly let out a scream as she realized she had been absorbed in her thoughts for too long as the ghost she was fighting, blasted a laser ray at her.

She had never seen this ghost before which was strange because Valerie could have sworn that she's fought every ghost in the Ghost Zone. But clearly she was wrong.

Valerie had also thought that was it. That this new ghost was going to win and that she had lost. She thought that was going to be killed due to her own self. Due to being distracting herself and getting lost in her own thoughts.

How pathetic.

A painful mistake.

But much to Valerie's surprise, instead of waking up on Death's door, she found herself being abruptly (and rather harshly) shoved to the ground out of the way of the blast.