forty two - eventually

Jasmine

"What took you guys so long?" Grayson asks, as soon as Jason and I stepped foot back in the waiting room.

"Uh, long line?" I lied, but said it more of a question.

"Yeah, long line." Jason nodded.

Grayson raised an eyebrow and shook his head. "You guys are weird." he said. "We can see Ethan now." Grayson said smiling and I grinned.

We practically sprinted down the corridor, towards Ethan's room. Nurses and doctors were walking in and out of Ethan's room, and a nervous feeling washed over me. Jason grabbed my hand, squeezing it. We walked into his room, and my eyes immediately landed on him.

He looked tired, sitting up in his bed, dressed in the hospital gown. Underneath his eye was a dark purple bruise, along with his cheek bone, and his lip spit open. Then there was the wires surrounding, sticking all over his arms.

His face lit up, once his hazel eyes met mine. I felt myself smile as I rushed over to him. "Ethan, oh my God." I said, swinging my arms around him. I even felt myself tear up slightly. He laughed, hugging me back in a suffocating hug.

"Ethan— I can't breathe."

He let go, smiling at me.

"I missed you." I said, and his cheeks painted pink. Adorable.

"I missed you too, Jas." he said.

"So, what's did I miss?" He chuckled.

I glanced over at Jason and he laughed awkwardly. "Not much." he scratched the back of his neck. I laughed as Ethan raised an eyebrow. He knew what he were talking about, but didn't say anything.

Grayson gave his bother a hug, patting his back. "Missed you bro." he said to him.

Ethan smiled at him. "I didn't miss you." he smirked.

Grayson pushed him gently causing Ethan to groan. "Fuck, my bad. Sorry, E." he said as Ethan clutched his stomach.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever, as soon as I get out of this shithole I'm going straight to fucking Brandon Delrado." He said and my eyes widened.

"Ethan you can barely move." I told him. I didn't want him to get hurt even more.

"I don't care, that prick is dead. And so is Roxy, look what she did to your face." he pointed out. I bit the inside of my cheek. "She's fucking stupid if she thinks she can do that to my girl." he said. My heart fluttered.

My girl.

I tried to hide my smile but Grayson smirked at me. I rolled my eyes at him. "We need a new plan to take down the Dallas Gang." Ethan said and we all nodded.

-

"Ethan, be careful." I scolded him, as I helped him walk into the house.

"Jasmine, I don't need your help." his stubborn ass insisted and I rolled my eyes.

"Ethan! You got shot less than twenty four hours ago. Let me help you." I sighed, wrapping my arm around his waist. He gave up, and eventually let me help him. So damn stubborn! "Thank you." I said, as we walked in the front door.

"Gray, you got the meds?" I called out.

"Yeah, I'll put them up in E's bathroom." he said, hurrying past us before Ethan protested. We all know how much Ethan hates taking medication.

"I don't need them." he simply said.

I scoffed. "Really, your constant groaning and "ows" says otherwise." I raised an eyebrow. He bit the inside of his cheek and looked away from me. He knew I was right. I smirked in satisfaction and helped him up the stairs. I don't remember there being this many steps, holy fuck.

We walked down the hallway, and to Ethan's bedroom. Grayson held the door open for us as I pulled him inside, gently. He groaned as I sat him down on his bed. "Let me get you changed." I said and he nodded.

"Thanks Grayson, I've got it from here." I said to him. He smiled briefly at me, before walking out of the bedroom.

I walked into Ethan's closet, searching for some comfortable clothes for him. I pulled out a pair of clean underwear and socks, and some grey sweatpants. I grabbed one of his black hoodies and walked out.

His head was down, as I came over to him. "I'm sorry." he apologises and I scoff.

"Don't be sorry Ethan. I don't mind helping." I said and I could see him smiling slightly. "Now arms up." I told him. He smirked at me and lifted his arms up. I rolled my eyes and pulled his hoodie of his head. He wasn't wearing anything underneath, revealing his toned, tan stomach.

I looked away  before he caught me staring. Wouldn't want him to have that satisfaction. I grabbed the hoodie I picked out and slipped it over his head. I unbuttoned his jeans slowly. I bit the inside of my cheek and could feel my cheeks getting hot. He smirked at me and licked his lips.

I slid off his jeans, revealing his hard bulge through his black Calvin Kleins. Oh fuck. I bit my lip, and threw the pants away. I let out a breath and pulled down his underwear. Holy fuck— he's huge. He bit his lip and his eyes met mine. A wide smirk was spread across his face. Cocky asshole.

I quickly pulled a pair of fresh underwear on him and then the sweatpants. Then put socks on his feet. I turned around to put his clothes into the washing basket, but he grabbed me by my waist and sat me down on his lap.

"Ethan—"

"Shh." he whispered, leaning in.

Our lips collided, a rush of adrenaline running through my veins. My hands automatically wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer. He slipped his tongue into my mouth, exploring it. I smiled into the kiss and pulled away, out of breath. We both stared at each other, saying nothing. The only sound heard was our heavy breathing.

"I love you." he said, and my smile widened.

"I love you too." The words slipped out of my mouth, uncontrollably. Did I just finally admit that?

His eyes widened. "You don't have to say it back just because—"

"Ethan, I love you." I cut him off.

"You do?" He asked, like it was unbelievable.

"Yes Ethan, I am completely and utterly in love with you." I couldn't help but smile.

He kissed me again, this time with more passion. "I love you Jasmine." he said again.

I laughed. "I love you too, Ethan."

"I knew you'd eventually say it."