Prologue

Prologue

Just like that. Just like that, her love story came to a screeching halt.

Madison Wells was no cry-baby but as the limo pulled off into the distance, the tears which she had cautiously locked away behind her seemingly hard-as-nails exterior fell, ruining the façade of perfection which had been applied for more than an hour by the team of makeup artists earlier that day.

"I just can't see myself loving you,"

The words replayed in her head, taunting her like the insults of the bully who had made her life a living hell daily during high school. Kiera Parks. Madison could hardly forget the name of the leggy drill team captain or the harsh words she hurled which hurt more than any physical fight.

Until this present moment, she had always thought that the years of bullying had always been the low point in her life. Yet, as the country-side whizzed by, Madison knew she could only blame her own stupidity for the predicament she was in.

"I'm sorry tonight didn't turn out the way you wanted," Ariel, the young producer who she had been assigned on the first day of shooting nodded sympathetically.

In the distance, fireworks lit up the night sky as Ethan Wright proposed to the woman of his dreams.

Never once when growing up had she believe in fairy-tales. Life just wasn't shaped that way. She didn't believe in them when her father invested more time in his church ministry than his own family or when her mother finally cracked and demanded a divorce.

Against her better judgement, Madison fell for the fantasy. Her heart opened and started to believe. Day after day, her heart had believed in the possibility of happily-ever after. Now, it had been ripped out of her body, torn out by the man who she had thought was the dashing prince to complete her fairy-tale.

"Why did I do this?" Pulling her knees into her chest, she rocked back and forth, shaking her head as she tried to comprehend the heartache. Instead, it seemed to magnify the hurt until she wasn't sure she could endure the pain anymore.

-why didn't he love me?" Madison looked into the camera and immediately broke into fresh tears.