1

Death is probably head-over-heels in love with me

Maybe that would explain that lack of fear I felt as I sat in a hospital waiting room after passing out in the middle of the tampon aisle of a supermarket.

I wish I could say that I was afraid for my life, but I really wasn't.

I had excepted my fate a long time ago.

"Ms. Kim, we are ready for you."

I stood, an out-of-place smile slipped over my calm face.

The room smelled faintly of antiseptic, emotional pain was ingrained into this room. The amount of tension in the room could suffocate someone.

"Hello, I'm Kim Namjoon, I'm your doctor for today."

Well, damn. It's a hot guy.

Score.

The classic forlorn look of bad news was spread over his beautiful features. I had seen that look more times than I'd like to admit.

"Kim Na-Rae." I leaned forward to accept a handshake. He grimaced, deep dimples appearing on his cheeks. I could feel his hesitation rise as he opened his mouth.

"I'm afraid I have bad news, please take a seat."

I simply nodded and sat in the short uncomfortable seats. I almost laughed at the whole situation, the doctor seemed more afraid to give bad news than I am to receive it.

"I'm afraid you have a brain tumor. In the temporal lobe to be exact, it could be an easy fix, just a few simple surgeries, but-"

"I don't have the money, nor the insurance," I finished for him, cooly flipping my hair over my shoulder and crossing my legs.

"You seem awfully calm about this."

"You can say death is an old friend of mine."

☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂

A/N

well that's that oops

If namjoonie was my doctor i'd lay across the road and scream at people to run me over

ok bye