5- Never Gone

Lucy looked slowly at the smooth pale skin framed with amazing waves of blue hair, her eyes forming tears. "Juvia!" Lucy sobbed as she held the unconscious mother's hand. "Lucy, you've been in here for days, please give yourself a break"Mira worried. "I hoped. I really did that they changed. That maybe it could go back to how it was....but they just brought even worse in" Lucy said lazily. Mira stared at the blonde girl, she hasn't slept in days nor does she want to, Mira had no intention of sleeping while in this guild.

"Mira you should get some rest, too" Lucy gave her a weak smile. "As long as we stay in this guild I won't sleep. You don't know what they can do, especially to them" Mira said as she looked at the sleeping children. "Mira-" Lucy I can't!" Mira interrupted as she broke into tears. It was true Mira had been the strongest emotionally, but at this point, she couldn't handle how many people she lost. "I don't want to lose her! I- I" Mira sobbed. Lucy hugged Mira, cooing her hoping she would calm down.

After a few minutes, Lucy noticed the sobbing stopped. "Mira, oh" Lucy giggled as she noticed her friend had fallen asleep. "If only you were here Mika, you would know what to do" Lucy mumbled, tears peaking up to the surface.

'When the skies are looking bad my dear and your heart's lost all its hope. After dawn, there will be sunshine and all the dust will go, the skies will clear my darling and ' The voice sang.

Lucy looked around curiously and confused. "I'll wake up with the one I love the most and in the morning, I'll make you up some tea and toast." Lucy looked in disbelief. The crazy hazy scene in front of her shocked her.

Mika singing as Catherine put 8 other girls to sleep, one that looked quite like Lucy's mom. "Mika, can you plwwease read me a bedtime stwry!" The little girl asked. "Anything, Layla!" Mika said as she read happily. "Where are you?" Lucy mumbled. "I'll always be there, rather in mind or just in spirit, I can always be with we share a bond " Mika said as she stood reading. She walked up to Lucy and smiled.

"Miss Heartfilia, I'll always serve you, just know that whatever happens don't trust the Deadly 3! Don't they'll take!! Be careful! Please!" Mika warned. "Who are they!?! Who will they take?!" Lucy asked. "Miss Heartfilia, please!! Here!! Keep them safe!" Mika said handing Lucy a key.

"Go to the local pub there will be someone there waiting to take you to the house I set if something were to happen! Be safe! I love you,.....Lucy!" Mika said as she started fading. "NO PLEASE!! I-i can't do t-this without you!!" Lucy cried. "Lucy! Lucy!" She heard the faint voice. "LUCY!!" It shouted.

Lucy jumped up. It was all a dream...how?
"Are you Okay? You were crying in your sleep" Mira worried. "Y-yeah..." Lucy said as she started to register the room. 'Mika was here, I know she was" Lucy thought as she stared dazed into the distance. Mira smiled really as she walked out of the room. "Luce," The harsh voice said. The blonde knew this voice to well, she had once loved hearing the chatter and remarks from the voice. "What do you want" Lucy replied coldly.

"I just want to say that... I'm-" You're what!! Sorry...you should have said that 10 years ago....that Lucy would have believed!!! Now...I have kids, I've felt my world shatter when they become sick or get hurt! I had no time to mourn our broken friendship....and if you're looking for forgiveness you will never in a million years get it from me" She ranted. Natsu stood in complete shock and utter fear.

He knew the weak and scared Lucy, but he has never met the 'I can literally break your neck if I wanted to' Lucy. "Lucy.......they're your...your" Kids! Yeah and pretty great ones" Lucy said. "You must be a good mother, my kids aren't even mine...." Natsu muttered. "What do you mean," Lucy asked. "Lisanna had a one night stand and well now I have my little girl, Cassandra," Natsu said. 'How do you think I have my kids you idiot' Lucy thought. "Lucy...I didn't come here to ask for forgiveness, I came to tell you that I want to start over. I admit I was cruel and mean but please..it wasn't willfully.." Natsu whispered the last part. 'Miss Lucy, you can forgive but you don't need to forget....it's a matter of letting go...because somethings you can't forget. ' Those words played, words said by her.

"Sure, we'll start over again, Hello I'm Lucy Heartfilia, I'm a single mom with twins," Lucy said sarcastically. "Well hello Lucy, I'm Natsu, I have a daughter named Cassandra" Natsu answered back holding his laughter in. Lucy smiled, it felt so natural yet so different talkin to Nastu. "Luce ,you're friends that went missing.....who were they?" Natsu asked. "They were my guardian angels.....they came in my time of need ; rescued me....brought my kids and even me up... thinking of them lights a warmth in my stomach. It's like they were my parents....Mika and Catherine; they were amazing....." Lucy said nearly breaking into tears. "They sound amazing....but What about Juvia" Natsu asked. " Juvia.....I don't know....Catherine dealt with all the medical issues if they're were any..." Lucy said as she gazed at her porcelain friend. "D-do you think you guys will stay" Natsu stuttered. "Well stay as long as we need until we find Mika and Catherine....." Lucy mumbled. "Lucy..... I wanted to tell you that we were under a dark guilds control..." Natsu whispered. Lucy heart stopped....... her thought instantly went to how could all this have been? Could Luke be different? Celeste? Would it mean never meeting Mila or Catherine?? "They threatened gramps..... we knew we would win but then they told us those kids wouldn't make it if we didn't....that's when we agreed...." Natsu explained. "It was all to protect them?" Lucy questioned. "Yeah Grey....he wanted to kill the dude for even mentioning Juvia....but that's the ice princess for ya!" Natsu chuckled. Lucy giggled....yet all she could think if she were to stay would she have been happier...?

"Natsu you know what! How about we party like old times! Put the guild into high spirts again!" Lucy said happily. 'Miss Lucy, it's better to enjoy moments than to dwell of what could be....cause life is a one time thing....and options are just that choices we make on our half' Those words were the words Lucy held close, Mika's words. "That sounds great!! Being this serious is giving me stress lines!!" He joked. Lucy heart raced, the laughter in the room erupted, his smile,his voice, they all flooded back the love she had was back....it had never left.......but that's when mistakes happen................