Chapter 3: The Concert

Sorry for taking forever to upload, I had writer's block and I wasn't sure if people were actually reading this but then I saw the comments and I was like, "yay!" So yeah, here's an update 10 votes and 10 comments is simple enough, right? Okay, here it is! Sorry if I get any details about the concert order wrong, I wasn't actually there, though they did perform in Sydney. Unedited, btw. I'll edit it when I have time.

------------------

We were in those seats for a while. By the time the opening act started, we had bulldozed our way through 3 packs of M&Ms, 2 packs of Doritos and a family pack of Snickers. Hey, we were hungry. Hungry equals eat.

The opening act was good, I made a mental note to google her later. 

But then the main act came on, and the girls went crazy as the opening video clip started playing.

Since I've watched it at least 145686 times, I just sat back in my seat, video camera in hand, ready to press record the moment the boys appeared onstage. 

Then the countdown started.

5... 

4...

3... I stood up.

2... Mandy grabbed my hand so tight I was pretty sure my blood circulation got cut off. 

1!

The girls went absolutely insane, and Mandy started screaming and jumping along with them, getting caught up in the excitement. 

I just threw my head back and laughed. I loved this fandom, because of the fact that no matter where you were, how you dressed like, who you were, we all had the same common interest: One Direction. And that made us a untied front, a family. 

And families screamed together. 

I saw shadows moving out from backstage, and immediately pressed record.

The boys were a burst of energy onstage. I'll never forget that moment, when I finally realized that I was there, watching my idols live. 

Niall did one of his scissor leg jump thingies as he walked to the centre of the stage. Then they broke straight into song. 

"We're like na, na, na

Then we're like yeah, yeah yeah, 

Always like na, na, na

Then we're like yeah, yeah, yeah!"

Zayn's solo came on. 

"Oh, we can't make up our minds," he sang, winking and waving at girls. "Just when we think we've got it right."

"We're like na, na, na,

Na, na, na!"

Me and Mandy sang along to the first and second verse, and I made sure that I kept the camera steady, so that the YouTube viewers would have a clear view of what was happening, rather than poor video quality, even though I wanted to jump around. 

Just before they broke into the second chorus, Niall spotted me. His eyes widened. "We make up and we break up all the time!" He harmonised as he waved at us. I caught his wave on camera. 

People around me started looking for the soon-to-be murdered person Niall had waved at. Soon-to-be since directioners just were THAT protective.

Some even started to gush over the fact that Niall had waved at them. 

But I knew better, and so did Mandy.

"He remembers you!" She shouted over the music and winked at me.