Chapter Three

She didn't know how she got here, to this dark room, all she knew was that she had to get out.

The only thing Caroline could see was the glint of a mirror in the corner of the room, and, curiously, she began moving towards it.

She reached out a hand and laid it on the cold glass of the mirror, and as soon as she did, the light switched on and she could see her reflection.

Wait, no. . . she wasn't smirking.

Oh god, this can't be happening.

" Don't underestimate the calling of darkness," said the reflection, " . . . even the purest of hearts are drawn to it."

" There is no calling of darkness," Caroline managed.

Suddenly, the mirror was gone, but the reflection was still there, and it stood in front of Caroline, it's face a couple centimetres from hers.

" So you've never felt the attraction that comes when someone is strong, someone is capable of hurting people, but somehow cares about you?"

Caroline didn't have time to answer, as the reflection rushes at her, grabbing her by the throat and lifting her up.

" Elena was right, wasn't she? Deep down you love to have your perfect feathers ruffled, don't you?"

The reflection let Caroline fall to the ground.

Caroline felt helpless as the reflection kicked her in the side of the head. She yelped in pain, struggling to keep awake as she felt blood drip from her head.

The reflection stood before her, and suddenly a smirk appeared on it's face.

" You don't need to feel bad about the. . . dirty thoughts you've been having about klaus."

That's when Caroline's voice came back.

" SHUT UP!" she screamed out. " SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" Caroline covered her ears and continued to scream.

" Caroline! Wake up! Wake up!"

Caroline shot up in bed. She could see someone. Well, there outline. Caroline panted as her eyes adjusted to the dark, and froze when she realised who it was.

" Tyler!?"