Chapter Nine

Sidra's POV

I walked towards the back, I did’nt want to impose that I was waiting on him. I was not supposed to ruin it for him. His speech for amazing, it seemed he prepared it well. He used his magic, his humor, and hypnotized the whole crowd. He was looking at me only, not the crowd which confused me. And he kept mentioning me, though only I knew that.

Text message from HTSAL: P

Where are you now?

Text message to HTSAL: P

At PT :D

Text message from HTSAL :P

LOL =D I’m out. Near the parking lot. There’s this crowd here, some guys are playing. Please come.

I walked out, and followed the sound of music. I saw some guy in the parking lot. They were playing a guitar and one of them was singing, on their car they seemed more like hipsters. A small crowd surrounded them, but Hammad was not there. I looked for him, and again I was the first one to find him.

Text message to HTSAL :P

If you look straight ahead. You’ll find me.

I saw him walking towards me then, and we walked deeper into the crowd. He stood right behind me. He always stayed close. If we’d walk, he’d walk close, and now he was standing hardly a step away from me. My hearts skipped beats. I was nervous, a bit. I don’t know why. Its not that I didn’t feel safe with him. I trusted him. It was just that no other guy ever stood that close to me. At least not the guys I felt for. Then I didn’t know if he stood close with everyone or was it just me. But the distance between us was really killing me from the inside.

“You’re listening to them? They suck!” he almost shouted in my ears. The music was not that loud, but there was traffic and wind, and people talking. I finally took a breath, I didn’t realize I was even holding it. I finally turned over and face him as soon as I was about to speak I turned back again.

“What happened?” he asked

“Nothing” I said. Not able to hide my anger

“Then?” he asked

“You’re smoking” I said turned over

“So?”

I stared at him in confusion “it’s not good for health”

“So what?” he said as if it didn’t matter

“Throw it away” I said. He looked at me asking ‘why’

“Fine” I said and faced the players again... I knew he wouldn’t

“Okay fine” he said crushing it under his feet.

“But you had it all” I almost shouted. I was angry. I really was. I didn’t expect this from him at least. They say there’s a story behind every smoker, which was as stupid as the habit, I wanted him to confront his stupid-ness.

“It’s over” he said

“Don’t talk to me” I said

I tried concentrating on those hipsters but this guy who stood right behind me was jumbling up my mind. Though I was angry I still couldn’t hold it long enough.

“You’re still listening to them?”

“Yes” I said still not facing him

“Can we move out of the crowd? I can’t hear you” he said

“I’m not talking about anything” I simply said

“But I want to talk to you”

“I can hear you, you can talk, and I’m listening” I felt bad after I said that but I just couldn’t handle it, he was the guy I could talk about everything and tell anything to him. So speaking my mind out didn’t matter.

“So, you took any picture of me? When I was on the stage?” he asked after a while.

Shit. How can I forget? “No”

“You’re not a good person” he said pretending he was hurt

I smiled, he did it again, he’d make me laugh no matter what. “Thank you very much” I said “by the way, the speech, it was awesome, next time you’re writing my speech”

He laughed “very funny. It was not a speech. I didn’t know I had to speak up even. The host announced it, and we had to do it”

“So you’re saying you just walked over there and blurted out whatever was on your mind?” I asked unable to hide my curiosity

“Exactly, see you’re such a  ...” he paused

“A bad person. Right?” I said repeating what he said earlier.

“You’re a good person!!” he said.

And that was that freakin’ moment, I knew. His voice seemed like it came from someplace deep, someplace far away. His eyes, his eyes said it all. All my life I tried judging people by looking in their eyes. I always failed. Even William Shakespeare quote ‘The eyes are the window to your soul’ seemed stupid. But right now it all made sense. He stood right in front of me. He was looking straight ahead of him where the guys were playing, giving me a chance to stare at him, for almost four seconds I starred at his eyes, that became a special moment, a moment, I can close my eyes and go back to it. Feel it all over again. I smiled, unconsciously. I just wished this was not some delusion.