Chapter 1

Hi I'm (Y/N). I'm year 12 in high school, even though with my level of knowledge I should be in university. I'm 16 years old, and I have a pretty normal life. I go to school, I see my friends, I study and pass exams. I don't like change that's for sure. I have a few issues in my life just like everyone else. I mean who's perfect, and If someone was, then they're just overrated because let's face it. Perfect is stupid and boring.

Anyway, today is my first day of school for the year. My alarm woke me up at 5:45 so I could do my work out, then get ready for school. At 7:50, I was on my way to school. I typically arrive at 8:05, and today was no different. When I arrived it was like normal, quiet except for the occasional "Hello" from a teacher.

I sat down in my usual spot outside T block. That's when I heard the voice of my amazing principal. She said, "Hello (Y/N) lovely to see you." "Lovely to see you too." "Well, I have a proposition for you." "Mrs Rose, I'm intrigued tell me more." "Well, I know that you are only year 12, but I was hoping you could help our new teacher out. It's to be his first year of teaching, and he graduated early with a teaching, and psychology degree. He will be teaching on the 3rd floor. If you agree, on the periods you don't teach, he will help you out with all your other school work."

"I think you have got me convinced. Yes I will be a student teacher. What's his name if you don't mind me asking." "Thank you so much (Y/N). By the way, all the help you put in, will go on your record. His name is Niall Horan. He's 23, and he is from Ireland." "OK thanks."

I headed over to the classroom 40 minutes before class started as instructed by Mrs Rose. When I arrived at room 21, I knocked, and then heard an Irish accent say, "Come in." I entered the classroom, and who I guessed was Mr Horan looked up from the work that occupied his desk. When he saw me, he said. "Hello Jane. It's nice to meet you. I'm Mr Horan, but when we are not teaching, you may call me Niall." I nodded my head a little nervous. You see I have never been good with meeting new people.

Mr - Niall chuckled and said, "There's no reason to be nervous dear. I won't bite." "Well, that would be a good start now wouldn't it." "Yeah probably. So what do you want to do today? We have no classes, so we can just relax until later weeks when we start to get your work really." I nodded taking in what he said then replied, "OK, can we get to know each other? And are we able to go into another room? This one's a little too professional for a bit of chit chat." Niall nodded a grin making it's way onto his face. "Sure. I had the school arrange that one room would be converted into a music room, and the other into a room for all other studies. Which one would you like to go to? Or we could go to the library of course." "Umm, probably the music room if that's alright." "Yes of course. Come with me."

We made our way to room 13, and walked in. There were many acoustic guitars lined up against one wall, and a grand piano. As well as a few electric guitars.

We sat down at the piano, and I started to play the keys to my own song

We sat down at the piano, and I started to play the keys to my own song. Wrong way to love.

'One hour, Two days, Three years,
Any of these and you could have killed me.
One week, Two months, Three centuries,
None of these and you could have saved me.

What did I do? What did you see? What did you know to call me?
To shatter me till I fell to my knees. What can I say, except I loved you?

How could I forget you after all the pain you struck my heart with? All you put me through. The fire and ice, the screams and cries for help nobody but you could hear. It's been 10 years and I can't love again no matter how hard I try.

Four days, Five months, Six years,
And you started, oh you started to kill me.
Four hours, Five weeks, Six centuries,
And you, oh you never saved me.

What did I do? What did you see? What did you know to call me?
To shatter me till I fell to my knees. What can I say, except I loved you?

How could I forget you after all the pain you struck my heart with? All you put me through. The fire and ice, the screams and cries for help nobody but you could hear. It's been 10 years and I can't love again no matter how hard I try.

What did I do? What did you see? What did you know to call me?
To shatter me till I fell to my knees. What can I say, except I loved you?

How could I forget you after all the pain you struck my heart with? All you put me through. The fire and ice, the screams and cries for help nobody but you could hear. It's been 10 years and I can't love again no matter how hard I try.

100 texts, 200 calls, 300 views,
Yet no reply.
400 words, 500 years, 600 lives,
How am I still alive?'

When I finished singing, I looked to Niall. His face held adoration, and shock. "What?" "N-nothing. It's just, your voice along with those lyrics. Just wow. What inspired that song?" "Uh, well my father and his side of the family treat me like I was / am a mistake. Then I also added in the emotions of what it has been like since my grandma passed away, and what it would be like to lose my mum too." (A/n - all that is true in my life. That is actually what inspired me to write that song. Please don't copy it. It means the world to me.)