⇀01↽

"...and that's it for today's class, guys." The chef put his knife down and all the students sighed in relief. It had been one of the most intense classes of the semester and with the practical tests coming up everyone was a little on edge. "Don't forget to hand in your paper on cooking techniques for red meat. And next week we'll start the exams, so use the weekend to train hard and get ready."

Azul Corvin was quick to clean his spot and gather up his things before taking off his apron. He was fumbling with the books inside his bag, trying to find his paper when a pair of small hands made their way around his waist and squeezed him.

"Hey," a feminine voice mumbled behind his neck. "I'm beat. Can you give me a ride?"

Azul ignored the chill that ran down his spine when her warm breath fanned on the sensitive skin under his ear. Laughing softly while he pulled his papers from inside a book.

"Sure, Anya. You know you don't even have to ask." He patted her hand and she let go. "Have you handed your papers yet?"

He turned around to face her as he put the strap of his bag over his shoulder just in time to see his friend nodding. "Yeah, I just did."

"Then let's go." Azul smiled warmly at her and gestured for her to move ahead.

Anya nodded slowly once again before starting to make her way to the front of the class - where their teacher and the exit were. She was always happy to be around Azul. After all they new each other since childhood and he was the dearest boy she ever met. But her good mood was swayed just as she stepped out of the room.

As she waited for Azul to finish speaking to their professor she spotted two familiar figures standing by the end of the corridor. Their stoic faces got on her nerves more than the fact they were probably going to cost her her ride to work. And just when I'm hungover too. That's bad luck.

"Ready to go?" Azul's eyes gleamed with so much kindness it almost blinded Anya whenever she looked at him. It kind of made her sad that no matter how kind; no matter how generous Azul was to others he still had a very complicated life.

A forced smile was her only response. The memories of all those times she had seen that boy get hurt simply for being the child of his parents were flashing in the back of her head. And it all angered her to the point of wanting to burn the Corvin mansion down. It wasn't as if he had been able to choose who was going to give birth to him, so why did people act like it was?

She just couldn't wrap her head around the fact he was mistreated simply for being him. It wasn't fair. She hated it.

"You're making the hungry face," Azul said with a voice full of fondness and patted her head with a smile. "Wanna drop by Alonzo's and grab a bite? I'm pretty sure Friday is Lasagna day-"

Ugh, how can your smile be brighter than the sun? She groaned mentally. Stop or you're gonna blind me, man.

"Those guys are here..." Anya said through gritted teeth and grabbed the hand that was patting her head. She held on tight and looked right into her best-friend's deep blue eyes. "Down the corridor. They're here."

Azul stared back at her as confusion filled his cerulean eyes. He tilted his head a little before glancing in the direction she mentioned only to be surprised with what he saw;

"Dean and Victor," he whispered. Mostly to himself. "What are they doing here?"

Anya let out a long sigh and squeezed the hand she was still holding before letting go. "Why do they ever come? I bet this has something to do with your father. Or with your awful stepmother-"

Azul's soft laugh snapped her from her small angry outburst and she stopped her glaring at the two incoming men to look at him.

"What's so funny?" Her brows were furrowed.