5.

Two weeks has past by already. I've invited Akane over to spend the night, even though we don't usually do anything besides watch Netflix and eat popcorn. The two of us sat on the double sized bed, as Akane used the remote to find a show to watch. While she was doing so, I was on my phone texting Iishiro.

Ever since we exchanged phone numbers, we've been texting each other, usually on the weekends since he was busy on the weekdays. I gave out a dreamy sigh as I sent a text to him.

"What do you wanna watch Reimi?" I was snapped out of my thoughts as I looked at my friend.

"Oh! I'm not sure. Whatever you wanna watch I guess." I replied as I looked back down at my phone. I heard her sigh as she turned to face me.

"Are you texting him, again?" She asked, a little annoyed. I glanced up from my phone.

"Maybe.." I quietly say while blushing.

"You've been texting him ever since I got here. Can you at least take a break and watch a movie with me?" She asks me.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel like I forgotten about you. It's just, me and Iishiro are starting to get close and we usually start to text each other every night." I tell her.

"Ever since you got his phone number you been texting him constantly." She says. It was true that since I got his phone number, we began to text frequently. We've been talking to each other about normal things such as, our day and other casual talk.

"I know. I'm sorry if I've been kind of distracted lately." I said. I took out my phone and texted Iishiro that I will be going to sleep. He texts me back a, "good night." I smiled as I put my phone away and scooted towards Akane.

"Actually, I'm feeling kind of sleepy. Can we hit the sack early?" I asked her.

"Sure. I feeling tired as well. Might as well get some sleep." She yawned as she laid down on the bed next to me.

"Night." She tells me.

"Goodnight." I replied. It felt like seconds before I went to sleep.

***

IIshiro's P.O.V

I was sitting on my couch, texting my friend, Reimi. I'm not really a person who likes to text anyone, but for some reason, I felt happy talking to her. Even though I wished we would talk face to face often, texting was usually the only way we could communicate when we weren't busy. I smiled as I looked through the texts we sent each other.

"Who you texting?" I jumped as I heard Haku's voice behind me.

"Jesus Haku, don't scare me like that." I hissed. Haku let out a obnoxious laugh.

"Sorry! Anyways, who were you texting?" He asks me with a wide grin on his face.

"None of your business." I tell him while glancing down at my phone. I could feel him trying to look over my shoulder.

"Oooh, are you texting that girl?" He teased.

"I-I.." I stammered as I felt my cheeks burn in embarrassment.

"You rarely text to anyone. You even say you don't even like texting." He says. I rolled my eyes at him.

"So what if I text her? We barely have time to talk to each other in the day time. I mean, we both have important jobs to do. Besides, we're just friends. Nothing more." I said. I could still feel my cheeks burning. I noticed Haku giving me a "look".

"Whatever. Just keep denying the fact that you like her." He says as he began to walk out of the room. I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily. My brother's would always try to insist me on finding a girlfriend. I always tell them that I don't need one. I don't need a love life, since I am cop who needs to focus on my job.