TWO

I was awoken by the sun's light hitting my face. I wonder, why am I here in my bed? Maybe Paxon carried me after I have fallen asleep while having our chika-minute? I was in the middle of thinking when Dad knocked and entered my room.

"Good morning, sunshine." he greeted me.

"Good morning, dad." I replied with a smile.

My dad is a great man. He was highly respected by many people. But, that was before. After I was diagnosed with Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia, he resigned as a Lawyer. He loves and enjoys his work. Sometimes I blame myself, kung hindi lang sana ako nagkasakit marahil kay nagtatrabaho pa rin siya.

"Dad, hindi ka ba nagsisisi na nag-resign ka? Masaya ka sa work mo diba?" tanong ko.

"No, never ako nagsisi. You're also my happiness, Dua." Tugon niya at niyakap ako.

"Ang drama naman, naiiyak na ako." I jokingly said.

"It's not bad to cry sometimes." Tumagos 'yon sa ribs ko. "Now, will you move your lazy ass?"

I went downstairs and the aroma of cooked food welcomed me. Dad cooked some healthy breakfast, the doctor advised na I should always eat healthy foods. "Dad, can I go to the mall today?" I asked.

"Sure, tatawagan ko muna si Jan." Jan nga pala tawag niya kay Paxon short of Janus. Paxon Janus.

"I mean alone. Can I go alone?" I begged.

"You know Dua, it's not safe to go alone."

He's always concerned for me going alone somewhere. Alam niyo na, I have a weak system.

"Please dad, promise madali lang ako."

"Basta if anything happens. Just call me or Jan. Okay?"

He can never say no to me. Mabilis kong tinapos ang pagkain ko and did my routine. Took a bath, brushed my teeth, at nagbihis. Finally, I could spend some time alone. Araw na para bang normal lang ako, na walang sakit na iniinda.

When I arrived to the mall, the first store I went was National Bookstore. I shopped for some interesting books. And a journal caught my attention. For no apparent reason I added it to my cart, went to the cashier and paid.

I then, proceeded to the parlor. I wanted to cut my hair short. I always had this long shiny boring hair so I wanted to add some life. I told the stylist to cut my hair above the shoulder and color it with ombre. It took some hours to finish it but the outcome was really great, I was amused.

I heard my stomach growl. I strolled around to find some resto, and a buffet restaurant caught my eyes. I went inside and paid for it, the foods were really a sight. I was drooling, kahit hindi ko pa ito natitikman. With excitement, I tasted the foods I have never tried before. My attention was driven in the Sweets Station. Dang, tinutukso talaga ako, minsan lang din naman 'to. So, I picked Panna Cotta, Cake pops, and my favorite Red velvet cake. I'm totally breaking the rules, seriously.

I have no more things left to do, I decided to go to the cinema and checked the showing films. I picked a movie and went inside. After an hour, I went to a café to rest a bit and ordered a Wintermelon milktea. After my order arrived I took out one of the books that I bought and plugged my earphones to listen to my jam. This is pretty relaxing.

I felt relaxed, so I went outside the café. My next stop would be the arcade. I was about to go there but I felt something running throughout my nose. When I touched it, I saw blood. Patungo ako sa restroom pero naramdaman ko na umikot ang aking paligid, at unti-unting nanlabo. Dang, ito na naman.

Sasalampak na sana ako sa sahig, but I knew someone caught me. Though medyo blurry, the guy seems familiar. I glanced at him before it totally turned black.

I woke up by the familiar smell, iodoform. I hate this scent. I was in this four sided space, with beds and a bepbep sound, or whatever I don't know. Realization came, I was at a clinic. A small clinic.

"Miss, are you okay now?" Asked the girl wearing all white from head to toe.

"Yes, I'm fine. But can I ask something?"

"Yeah sure, go on."

"Uhm, sino ba nagdala sa akin dito? I mean did he left his address? Or name, perhaps?"

Why would he even leave his address or name for me? So dumb.

"Nevermind. Thank you."

"I'm sorry miss, you can't leave until you're stable."

" I am, stable. There's nothing wrong with me."

The nurse and I had a debate, before she even let me go home.

🔻

I arrived home safely. And there, I saw my dad sitting at the terrace looking so worried. It was past 6PM already, remember I told him I'll go home early. As soon as he saw me, he asked "Why were you late? I thought something happened. My God, Dua. Are you okay?".

I hugged him and said. "I'm totally fine, It was just tough picking a ride."

"Let's just go inside." He offered.

He asked me if I already ate dinner, I just said I'm not hungry, and went straight to my room. I took my meds, I know it's a bad thing to take meds without even eating but nah I'm full. I put the things I bought in my table and threw myself in the bed.

Who could be that guy? He looked familiar. I know I've seen him somewhere. Damn, this gives me headache, I shouldn't be thinking about this. I arranged the things I bought. And the journal kept a mystery for me. Why did I even bought this? I just shrugged it off. After I have finished arranging the stuffs, I went to the bathroom and refreshed myself.

I clothed myself with comfortable pajamas and loose shirt. Suddenly, I heard knocks. I was about to open the door when I saw a note.

"You looked something new, I like your hair. Get a rest, sunshine!" It was a note from dad.

Comments and Votes are highly appreciated!
Thank you for reading. *hugs and kisses*