Chapter 1: The Start

Hi, I'm Summerelleri Carter, but you can call me Summer or celery. I have long, hazel hair and my eye colour is cinnamon. I'm thicc, and my waist is snatched, but I'm still very self-conscious about my body. My life is a complete mess! Both my parents died 2 years ago and I have depression because of it. My sister and I live with my grandma, who hates me (because I haven't lost my v card yet, and my grandma is a complete whore.) I have a job as a waiter at the cafe 'Moon Star' in my neighbourhood that pays minimum wage. Their signature dish is a shared, thicc strawberry milk. I hope to share one with my gorgeous, hottie, quarterback future boyfriend. Declan.

------------

I didn't expect to see him today, I didn't have English, it was a Tuesday... I was walking in the hall, with my stack of books, reading my favourite erotica scene from 50 Shades of Grey, then the leader of the sluts (a group of humungous prostitutes that have a mission in life, to ruin mine) Elle Smith, trips me with her humongous feet and Asian eyes. Rosie and Ella burst into laughter and they all walk away. As I was trying to gather my books in my consciousness I see a tall, handsome figure rush to my aid. I glance up at him and to my disbelief its the schools bad boy. Tom Reees. He doesn't look at me but he quickly stacks up my books and hand them to me in a fluster. "Hey are you okay, they can be real bitches," he says, still not making eye contact. I fiddle with my glasses a bit.

"Oh, yeah. It happens to me all the time, it's really no problem. I'm kinda used to it now." I say apologetically. I look at his giant feet. He is wearing the latest 95's.

"Oh wait, aren't you Marcy's sister?" We finally make eye contact. His blue eyes sparkle in the sun. Does he recognise me? The baddest, boy in the whole school? A year 12? Recognising me? I say nothing. That's when I see him. Declan and his crew walk through the hallways. Neeven, Declan's right-hand man, nudges him and hypes him up. Declan rolls his eyes in dismissal. 

"Hey Summer! Your boyfriends arriv-" Declan hits Neeven before he can finish his sentence. I turn back to Tom. He is still stunned by Neven's comments and turns red. 

"Are you dating him?" 

"No, ew he's got acne! Gross!" I lie.

"sure, sure," he says in disbelief. "My mafia gang is going to Moon Star after school, do you know if Marcy is free?" 

"Oh, I'm not sure. She might not be."

"Are you?" he says. I turn red. 

"Uhm, I have plans today," I say, still surprised.

"With Declan?" he says jokingly.

"Haha, just homework and shit."

"Well, I hope I see you next time." we both nod and smile. "Bye, um, Summer is it?"

---------------

I quickly get changed into my work uniform which was a black short tight dress and a white apron. Not the most professional but it gets me them extra tips from pedophiles. We all gotta get the cash money somehow. I rush to Moon Star before my shift starts, so I can be there before Tom gets there with his mafia squad. I look in the window, and see my sister Marcellius, sitting alone in a booth, taking selfies. ugh, I have to take her order. 

"Hey Marc, what do you want?" I say as I open my notepad and pen.

"Hey Celery, I'm gonna order for the whole group." 

"Oh, what group?" I lie. 

"Yeah, the mafias coming over."

"Oh, right. What did you want."

"I'll order 5 serves of cheesy fries. 1 with bacon, fish, ham and extra cheese."

"Okay. Bye." A couple minutes pass and the doors flick open and in slow motion the mafia strides in, Tom leading them all. The squad included Fyn, Lucado, Sedricko, Hamych, Gade, Ruebeb and of course Maximillion. They all sit down and Marcy gestures for Tom to sit next to her, but Sedrick steals his spot, and Tom sits opposite them. Marcy then looks disappointed but Tom is unfazed. 

"Order up! 5 cheesy fries, 1 with bacon." says the chef from out back. Oh, I need to give them the order.  I check my makeup before I go in, wait a second. Is that-Declan? Declan and his crew, go and sit down on the opposite side of the cafe. Oh my god. Okay, handle them later. I tighten my apron so it pinches my thicc, thicc waist and pick up the 5 bowls of cheesy fries, and go outside. I go up to Marcy's table with the fries, and before anyone can recognize me Marce grabs the fries out of my hand, rolls her eyes for me to go away, and goes back to her conversation. No one notices because they are all so invested in Hamych's story about his crush Mia, thank god. I don't want anyone in the mafia to recognize me. I'm just about to walk away when-... I feel a hand on my ass. what. the. fuck? I turn around and Tom is groping my ass, and then looks me in the eye. He realizes it's me.

"Oh shit." We embarrassingly make eye contact. 

"Hey can we order!?" says another customer. He looks like Squidward. I turn around to see it is Christian from Declan's squad.

"Um, I need to take someone's order." I walk away very fast and go to Declan's table. "Uhm, can I just take your, um order!" I say flustered from the incident before. 

"We'll get 2 burgers and shared strawberry milk please," Neven says.

"Oh I didn't know you and Christian were a couple," I say as Neven smirks and looks at Declan.

"No it's for you and Declan you numpty," Neven says. The whole group laughs while Declan sits there, unimpressed. He then gives a grin but turns away so I couldn't see. He loves the attention. 

"Haha Neeven," I say, even though I would deeply love that. I just need to get over the fact Tom groped me before I can commit to anyone else. 

"Oh yeah Summer, were you talking to the bad boy that is Tom Reees this morning?"

"Why?"

"Well Declan might be a bit jealous, so keep an eye ou-." Declan once again hits him before he can finish his sentence.

-----------

I finish my shift at the end of the day and go home. It is about 6:00. I walk into the door of my house and sit down at the table. Marcy is sitting at the table. She stares angrily into my soul. 

"Why are you staring into my soul?"

"Why are you chatting to my man. Dude he is mine."

"Who?"

"TOM."

"Hey, I was just talking to him. Nothing happened." other than I got groped. "Anyway, I'm years younger than him." 

"Fine, but back of you slut. Virgin Whore," she says. My grandma says, "Amen." 

"I'm going to bed celery. Goodnight," says Marcellus, and she walks upstairs to her room. The doorbell rings. "DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO. DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO." I go and get it. Its, Tom?

"Hey, I just wanted to deeply apologize for getting in your no-no square so inappropriately. I didn't know it was you." He smiles a bit and says, "And you are underage so don't tell anyone."

"Oh, in 3 days I'll be 17. I won't be underage then." I do a half-smirk. "I won't tell anyone. Especially not Marcy. I think she has a thing for you."

"Oh, really? I do not... Hell, I'd rather date you." There was silence. "Anyway, I'd better go. Want to hang out sometime? If you aren't hanging out with Declan already."

"Bye Tom." I roll my eyes.

"Bye Summer."