VII

I'm so immensely happy to hear you love this story as much as i love writing it!

the feedback i've gotten has been so very positive and i'd like to thank you for giving me the motivation to keep writing!!!

✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

"oh my! what is that?" doyoung leaned forward, peering into a cafe, "jaehyun, what are they doing in there?" he asked.

"they're just having lunch, doyoung," the man responded with an amused smile.

"lunch? what may lunch be?" the boy asked.

"you don't know what lunch is?" jaehyun asked, surprised the boy did not know what lunch was, the thought of doyoung not being human completely flying over his head.

the younger frowned, "perhaps... it is obvious?" he asked quietly, embarrassed that he did not know something that was supposed to be simple.

sensing his mistake, jaehyun was quick to intervene, "no no! it's not obvious at all!" he said hastily, sighing in relief when the boy perked up.

"not many people here on land even know what lunch is," the man said. sure it was a lie, but it was a small lie, to cheer the boy up in a haste.

"is that right? will you tell me what lunch is?" doyoung asked.

"lunch, is a meal people eat in the afternoon," the man explained, "if you want, we could have lunch later," he said.

"oh, i would like that very much!" doyoung said, his eyes closing in a smile.

jaehyun tried not to get jealous because of the townspeople's stares. seeing a petite boy with eyes as bright as a precious gem must have enticed them, but the man had to make it known that they could not pursue it. jaehyun felt like a kid but he met the boy first, and he was never fond of sharing.

"jaehyun? may i ask something?" the boy spoke up after a while.

the man responded immediately, "yes?" he said.

"what may those be?" the shorter asked, pointing to jaehyun's feet.

he looked down, chuckling, "those are shoes. we wear them on land so our feet are protected," he said.

"oh, very interesting. do i need those?" doyoung asked.

"well, if your feet hurt, then i'll carry you. and we can buy shoes for you next time we go out," the man said.

"that sounds wonderful!" doyoung cheered.

jaehyun sighed in relief, a content smile on his face. the beautiful creature wanted to meet with him again. he already was anticipating their next meeting, maybe go on a drive to the country to a meadow, something the boy would most likely enjoy.

"we're here," jaehyun said, smiling.

doyoung stared at the building with wide eyes, "that looks marvelous! oh, let us go in now, please!" he said, pulling on the man's arm gently.

jaehyun once again chuckled at the boy's eagerness. he did as doyoung requested and quickly walked into the library, "it is so vast! i could never possibly imagine how much knowledge must be held in here!" he said, his eyes shining.

the older didn't want to shush the boy, as he had most likely never seen a library, and it didn't feel right to put a halt to it. even if it meant the other occupants may be slightly disrupted, "let's go, i have something i'd like to show you," the man said, tugging the boy along.