21

Taeyong's POV

God...what have I done?

I messed my hair in distress.

I didn't want her to go away, I didn't lose my feelings for her and I didn't have any girlfriend. I lied everything that I've told her.

When I saw her cry, I could feel my entire world crashing down onto me. Her sniffles, her cries and her tears pains me all but I did this was for her own good.

It didn't matter to me if she's working with the police force. I don't care if we're technically enemies but she'll be in trouble if she helps me and I don't want that. She's trying to prove that she is changing for good and I want it to be kept that way.

"Hyung, why did noona cry?" I turned around to see all my friends standing beside me and Jisung curiously asked.

"I..don't want to talk about it." I sighed in frustration.

"Anyways, why did you call us over?" Renjun asked.

"Please take care of Seulgi, at all costs. She is probably very unstable right now." I said and it felt like my voice is going to break any time.

"What exactly did you say to her?" Jaehyun queried and pry on further.

"I lied to her that I want her to go away. Lied that I've lost my feelings for her and lied that I've a girlfriend."

"Isn't that too..far?" Yuta replied and some of them nodded in agreement.

"I don't have a choice. I'm helping her using my own ways. I want to protect her, so please, make sure she is safe." I said. "I need to go now." I said my farewells to them and left.

Seulgi's POV

Time skip to a week

I've been going to a night club called, Octagon in Gangnam to be either sober or drink my sorrows away.

It was odd that suddenly the NCT boys became more wary of what I do and where I am, always calling me and checking up on me. I don't even care anymore.

Why should I care anyways?

I wanted to forget about Taeyong but the only time it worked was when I am drunk and that's why it's my seventh day in Octagon, trying to forget him the seventh time.

"The usual vodka, I assume, Miss." The bartender smiled at me and I nodded. He tends to remember people very well.

Anyways, drinking vodka makes me drunk easily even though I don't really like the taste, I still forced myself to drink it.

I took sips of it, still trying to get used to the taste and smell of the alcohol. As time goes by, my head started to spin a little. The effects of the vodka starts messing with my head. I was still aware of my surroundings and then I saw him.

Lee Taeyong.

He entered the club, not alone but with a lady beside him.

So she must be his girlfriend that he'd mentioned.

I stared at them as they walked over to the VIP corner where two other guys were at. I clenched the glass cup tighter as I observed the girl being all over Taeyong and he was fine with it.

"Ugh..why are you here?" I muttered under my breath and turned away, staring at my glass cup and gulped down the remaining vodka.

"Bartender, hit me up." I said, and he poured more vodka in my cup. I didn't care about the taste anymore and drank the whole thing in one shot.