part 6

*Brandon's POV*

After Stephanie got out of the car, she practically ran to the front door of her house. I drove away from her house and I just wanted to bash my head into the steering wheel.

"Vee!" I exclaimed.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"I can't believe you just did that! Right in front of her. She probably thinks we're both psycho!"

"Just use the usual Brandon charm."

"That won't work. She's been trying to stay as far away from me as possible. The only reason she even talks to me is because we have a project to do."

"It couldn't possible have anything to do with you almost drowning her friend, now could it?" Vee asked sarcastically.

"I already told you, that was an accident! I had no idea that she couldn't swim!" I tried to defend myself.

"Well why do you think she was sitting off to the side?" Vee rolled her eyes.

"I thought she was like you and didn't want to ruin her hair."

Again the eye roll.

"Not all girls worry about their hair. And not all girls can swim. Maybe you should think about that the next time you decide to toss an innocent bystander into a pool."

I didn't respond because I knew that Vee was right. We got home and the house was silent as usual. Mom and Dad didn't like to hire help  since apparently me and Vee are old enough to be responsible for ourselves.

"Vee! What's for dinner?" I shout.

"Whatever you're making!" she shouts back even though we're standing right next to each other.

"Grilled cheese it is then!" I exclaim as we both make out way to the kitchen.  

I tossed my keys on the counter and pulled the cheese and butter out of the fridge. Then I proceeded to grab the bread and the pan I would need. During the creation of the first sandwich, the song "You're Mama Don't Dance and Your Daddy Don't Rock-n-Roll" blared throughout the kitchen. It was the ringtone that Vee had set for Mom and Dad.

"Mommy!" My heart clenched at how happy Vee sounded just to hear Mom's voice. Then I felt a pang realizing that Mom had decided to call Vee and not me. I shake my head for thinking that. Vee needs the calls more than I do. She's in denial about everything. Especiallly about how our parents care more for their work than for their own children. Dad hardly ever calls. He usually just tells Mom what he wants to say to us and then she calls and relays it over the phone.

"You're not?" Vee sounded disappointed.

"Yes, of course we're fine Mom." Vee replied to Mom trying to keep her voice cheery.

"No problem Mom. I'll tell him. Love you. Bye." Vee put her phone down on the counter indicating that the phone call was over.

"What'd Mom say?" I asked quietly.

"She said that they won't be able to come home for a couple more months than they expected. Both of their trials have been extended." Eveanna looked absolutely crushed. 

"It's okay Vee. We'll be fine." Or at least I'll try my hardest to make us be fine. 

I love my parents but at this moment I hate them with all of my being for making my sister feel this way.