Chapter 1

It was an early Sunday morning, Joseph was getting ready to have breakfast with his mom. He then recieved a phone call from his dad, of which he was told that his mom had a heart attack around 12:00am that morning and was in the hospital. He began to cry as he tried phoning the hospital to ask for visitation hours. When the hospital finally answered, he ran to his car and drove off when he was told visitation was ending soon. As he was driving, he realized that there was too much traffic...he knew he wasn't going to make it. Once he arrived at the hospital, he was told visitation has ended. He slowly walked back his to his car in devistation. He got home and wasn't very pleased with what he saw on his door. There was a sticker which read, "Eviction Notice". He was told to pack up all belongings because he was not paying rent due to financial issues he had. Just a week before, he lost his job. He was having the worst day of his entire life. He was packing up his things and noticed a camera in the bottom of his bed. It had been such a long time since he had seen that camera, he decided to pack it in his overnight bag. He made reservations with a hotel near the hospital and left for the night, keeping in mind, that after he saw his mother, the next day, he would return to finish packing. He arrived at the hotel and settled down as he thought about how he can release the stress he's feeling. Then it came to him....Photography! He walked over to his backpack, pulled out the camera and made his way outside. As he walked around he began to take photos of the town. He began to get tired and went back to the hotel. He went through the pictures and started to realize that photography brings him peace. He fell asleep anxious about seeing his mom.