Chapter 14: Cliche Games

Luke’s POV

All right, guys. This next song is dedicated to all of you. You’re all so perfect.”

I heard Calum’s voice say through the speakers before we started playing our hit song “She Looks So Perfect”. It was a great song. The crowd was singing along to every word and dancing to the rhythm. From my viewpoint on stage, it looked amazing.

I glanced at my band mates and smiled to myself as I saw that all of them were enjoying themselves. Ashton was banging away on his drums like it was his form of meditation. Calum was playing the bass smoothly like he was having the best sex of his life. Michael was jumping around and rocking out with his guitar and his hair sticking out in all directions.

Then I glanced to the side of the stage where Clara was sitting. She looked like she was having fun with Danielle. Normally Clara’s face is either frowning or raging mad but she doesn’t look too bad when she’s grinning. In fact, she looked pretty.

It was so unfair.

I’m supposed to hate her.

Why do I feel light when I see her smile?

Damn her.

And what was with that almost kiss back at the hotel?

Unconsciously, I shook my head and concentrated back on performing in front of a huge crowd. This is possibly the worst time to think about my relationship with Clara.

Or should I say fake relationship.

******

We were at the studio the next day. Michael was plucking away on his guitar with Ashton and Calum while I was on my phone with a furrowed brow. Of course, Clara was with us, too, considering that she had to stick with me if we want the plan to work.

Usually, I would be annoyed but right now I see no possible downside to this.

It’s not Clara that’s the problem. It’s the tweets.

Why can’t people be nice about things like this? Sure it was a fake relationship but still.

Then Clara’s phone (Danielle lend her a back-up phone just in case) rang and she quickly answered it.

“Hello?”

“Clara! Are you busy tonight?” Danielle asked her on the other line.

“No, Danielle. What could I possibly do tonight?” she responded. Sarcastically, I might add.

“Alright. You’re going on a date with Luke.” She said.

“What?”

“What?” I glanced her way.

The phone was on speaker so I heard what Danielle said.

“Why?” Clara asked with an unbelievable look on her face.

“You’re a couple. Couples go on dates.”

“Give me that.” I reached for the phone and she let me grab it. Maybe I can talk Danielle out of it.

“Did you hear that, Luke?” she asked me.

“Why should I go to this fake date?” I demanded an answer.

“Because you have to.”

“Why?” I repeated, hoping I’ll get a straight answer.

“The act on the interview was great but we need more couple-y stuff with you and Clara. It’s not enough.” Danielle explained.