Chapter 2: So it begins...

Nick felt himself falling. Falling into nothing. A dark void consuming him. He stopped abruptly slamming into something below him. The air was humid around him and when he opened his eyes he wished he hadn't. He was in the top of a tree looking much like Palm trees in Florida only broader and thicker around.

He scanned the area around him only to find more trees. A scream in the distance startled him.

He focused on the branches below him and began making his way to the ground.

Another scream hung in the air as the ground started to shake below Nick.

He panicked as a snapping noise sounded just below his feet. He only had time to register how high he was from the ground before his branch broke sending him sailing downwards.

He hit the ground and pain shot through his body.

He lay there for a moment dazed. Movement in front of him caused him to look up and see Quinn and Mike running at him.

" get up and run!" Quinn shouted yanking him to his feet and dragging him along. " what's going on?" Nick asked. His question was answered as Trey, Taylor, Christina, and Dave came sprinting out of the trees behind then.

The ground shook even more violently and Nick knew something was chasing them.

Something roared close behind deafening the group. Nick turned to see what it was but Quinn caught him. " keep looking forward," She said.

Nick heard a scream behind him and this time turned fully to see a beast that looked like a dog and gorilla mixed. Its hind legs and torso were those of a dog, yet its head and arms were of a gorilla.

It towered as high as the trees and what Nick saw happening was the most unbelievable thing.

The monster picked up Trey as he ran and tore him in half. Blood splattered across the monsters face. He threw Trey's bottom half into a tree behind him. " No!!" Taylor screamed.

were so dead Nick thought to himself. Bang Bang Bang.

Nick jumped at the sound of gunfire. He looked around to see Three guys swinging around above the group.

Within seconds they had killed the monster and stood in front of the shocked group.

The guys were teens looking to be about their age.

They introduced themselves as Greg, Fin, and Mark. Mark was the more lean one with Brown eyes that matched his hair. Greg was shorter by with black hair that was Buzz cut. Fin was Average size and had Brown hair and Blue eyes that seemed to cut into your soul.

" Are you guys ok? is anyone hurt?" Fin asked them. " We just watched our friend get torn in half!" Taylor screamed at him.

" I understand how you feel. We will explain. everything if you come with us. Its not safe out here." Fin said looking round at the group.

" What was that thing?" Mike asked quietly.

" We dont have a name but we know they are a hybrid only founding Mars," Greg said watching their reactions.

" You mean to tell me...." Mike didn't finish his sentence.

" Yep! welcome to mars guys."