Chapter 20: Ailment Strikes Again

I awoke feeling horrible. My head was pounding, my stomach sloshing, and my throat burning. The room spun around me blurrily. I coughed, trying to sit up. I got out of bed, knowing that if I were to stay, I would have Minnie and Sev coming after me. They may seem strict, but when they worry, it's bedrest for me. I couldn't afford that. I changed into my robes, sweating and shivering. I walked down to the great hall, not intending to eat. I sat next to Harry. 

"Luna, are you alright?" Harry asked as he put a hand on my forehead. "You look very... peaky, and you feel warm." I coughed. 

"I'm fine big brother..." I said. I leaned onto his shoulder. 

"No, you're not fine," Harry said. 

"Fine, it's true, but I couldn't stay up there... You know how Minnie and Sev get when I miss classes without telling anyone, but I don't want anyone to worry," I said. 

"You'll worry me more if you come to classes. You need to rest," Harry said. I began to feel nauseous. "You look pale."

"I-I'll be right back," I whimpered and began to walk as fast as I could to the bathroom, sitting on the floor, tears filling my eyes as I felt the bile rising in my throat. I was sick a few times in the toilet before I felt that it had stopped. It was then that I realized a hand rubbing my back, keeping me steady. My vision began to turn black. The last thing I saw was Minnie's face. I awoke shortly afterward, finding myself to be under a blanket, feeling someone's fingers running through my hair. I struggled to open my heaving eye as I leaned into the cool touch. I saw Minnie and Madame Pomfry standing there. 

"All of her symptoms point to Silver Poisoning," Madame Pomfry. "I wonder if, perhaps, she was hit with some kind of silver projectile during her duel with Mr. Malfoy the night we found out the truth." 

"Silver arrows," I said weakly, coughing. 

"What was that?" Madame Pomfry asked. 

"Silver arrows," I repeated. 

"That explains a lot," Madame Pomfry said. "All we can do is allow her to rest. Treat it like the stomach flu, since that is the illness that is most like it." 

"Tired," I said. 

"Of course," Madame Pomfry. "Just get some rest." I allowed my eyes to close as I fell asleep.