Chapter 23: Where I Wanna Stay (Part II)

Jude’s POV:

“So where are you taking me?”, I asked Cameron while we were in his car.

“I am not telling you”, he insisted. I grunted and slid down on the passenger’s seat. He chuckled and kept his eyes on the road. That smile…Oh God! He was definitely enjoying my torture.

“At least you didn’t blindfold me.”

“Oh, I thought about it, but I imagined the worst case scenario!”

“Kind of like it would have ended up if you tickled me?”, I asked while raising and eyebrow. He chuckled before biting his lips together.

“Pretty much”, he said, nodding his head.

“Good, you are learning!”, I said while doing baby noises at Cameron. I started pinching his cheeks, but he was trying to shrug me off. Although, his laugh told a different story.

“Stop it!”, he laughed. “If we crash I will blame you!”

“Fine, fine”, I said while backing my hand off. “I know you wouldn’t be able to live without me.”

“Same to you”, he scoffed teasingly.

Things between us were finally comfortable. There wasn’t anything to hide. And Cameron has proved to me that he is really worth it.

“You are taking me to eat, right?”, I asked, feeling my stomach growl, furious as it anticipated a plate filled with delicious food.

“Obviously. I don’t want you all grouchy for when I take you to that special place.”

That special place. I liked the sound of that. I liked it more when it came out of his mouth.

“Then we eat fast, because I want to see that special place”, I said, right before he parked in front of a restaurant. “Time to eat?”, I asked excitedly.

“Yes, Jude. Time to eat”, he laughed as he got down.

From outside, the restaurant has this old look. It kind of reminded me the houses you see in movies that are shot in New York. There were four simple letters that made the restaurant’s name. VOLT.

We entered and were escorted to our table. Once we sat down, I took my time to examine the place. It looked anything but cheap.

“Umm…Cameron…”

“Yeah?”, he asked, taking a look at the menu.

“You are going to leave your life’s savings here”, I laughed.

“Well, I have been saving for something like this.”

*****

“I am just saying, if you have an elephant sized bunny, it would just be creepy!”, I laughed.

“It would be cooler. What will a bunny sized elephant give you?”, Cameron asked, raising his eyebrows.

“They must be seriously adorable!”, I argued. “Wouldn’t an elephant sized bunny attack or something?”

“We could get it to crash something”, he said with a shrug of shoulders, leaning back on his chair.

“We could get it to crush Derek’s house”, I suggested.

“Heck! We could get it to crush Derek!”, he said. I couldn’t help the laughs that escaped me. We had been at least an hour here having a pointless conversation. Our plates were now empty, and they have been for at least forty-five minutes.