Chapter 8

Pink. Pink was the only color I could see as we arrive at Ellen's house. Ellen's house is so big, almost mansion like to me. Although the two story house was pink. Pink flowers cover her lawn, along with tress and beautiful green grass. And stairs that lead up to the house. Pink cushioned wooden benches on each side of the door. The door and the borders of the windows are the only things that are not pink, there white. Oh and the roof, it was black. It was beautiful yet a little overwhelming.

" You like it?" Ellen arches a brow." As you can probably tell I love, love pink."

" Yeah I can tell," I roll my eyes, then laugh. " So I'm taking it that it's you favorite color."

" Yeah come on," she waves me over. We get out of the car and walk up the cobble stone walkway. She opens the door and...wait for it...wait for it...more pink. Everywhere I turn I see pink. From the carpet, to the refrigerator. Even the Tv is pink.

Wow, I think I might puck, I think to myself.

" Please don't puck," she holds out her hands towards me. I tilt my head a little confused at the fact that she read my mind. She notices it and says, " I can tell by your facial expression, everybody that's walks in here for the first time have the same face."

" No really," I say sarcastically.

" Yeah really but, you'll get used to it," she assures me. " Like I did or we can change it up of you want. This is also your house you know. So you can do whatever you want to do."

I think about it. She loves pink and I really don't want to ruin all of it so I decide to leave it as it is," No if you like it I like. And pink is a pretty cool color."

" Really," she arches a brow.

" Really," I smile. I quickly change the subject. " So where's my room?"

" Here let me show you," she points to the stairs. I follow here and we soon enter a room that surprisingly isn't pink. It's a light green color. Not one of those pucky green colors. It's a good green color. The room is pretty big. A bed sits across the back of the room. A slide door at the other end that leads out to a balcony.

I walk out on the balcony as Ellen stays behind. The view is amazing. Ellen's house isn't one of those houses that's so close to other houses that you know what everybody else is up to. Her house is pretty far from the others but, not to far, I still can easily get to the bus stop from here. But that's good with me. That way others don't know what your doing. You know, privacy.

" So what do you think Willow," Ellen walks over to me.

I nod my head and walk back inside. Even though this is not my old room, I'll make it work. This whole new operation is going to work.

" I'm going to go get some stuff out of the car," I tell Ellen.

" Okay, first though, I was wondering if you'd like to go shopping for some new sheets and wallpaper or something?" she asks.

" If you want," I shrug. " We don't have to. I have some stuff."

" No really whatever you want. I'm good with anything you chose. I was just thinking that you might like a new start. New everything you know?"

She's right, I do want a new start. I want to forget everything that reminds me my dad and my mom. It just hurts me to think about them," You know what that sounds great."

" Good, well stop by Walmart once we go out to get groceries tonight, okay," she smiles and I smile back. I leave the room and walk down towards the car.