The Unfolding (steph)

(mattdock )
Elizabeth Holmes was excited for the adventure that awaited her. Rebecca Murphy, Ricky Rogers, Livi Conners, Abby Lilith, and her were all headed to the countryside to camp out in a old abandoned barn.

She waited outside her college dorm room. "Elizabeth!" Her boyfriend, Justin, shouted.

Elizabeth smiled as the red haired boy ran up to her and kissed her. When they pulled apart, he said, "Don't forget to come home."

"I know." Elizabeth replied.

"I don't like the idea of you guys being alone in that place." Justin returned only to be answered with Elizabeth's light giggle. "I'm serious. When me and the boys went up there, Chuck heard something. Like footsteps or whatever."

"Justin, we'll be fine."

"Come on, Lizzy!" Elizabeth heard Ricky shouted.

Ricky had dark hair and blue eyes, meanwhile Elizabeth was blonde with green eyes. Elizabeth looked at the older girl before going back to her boyfriend. "We'll be back in a week."

"I love you." Justin said.

"Love you, too." Elizabeth shouted, as she ran to meet up with her friend.

After four hours of driving, Ricky parked the Green pickup truck behind the barn next to a black Toyota. The two got out to face three girls. One blue haired, one red haired, and one black haired. Rebecca, Livi, and Abby looked at the two others with annoyance. "You're late." Livi said, a French accent hinted in her voice.

"By half an hour." Ricky answered.

"And you forgot the pizza." Rebecca returned.

"Oh, well." Elizabeth replied. "And the pancake mix."

"I'm going to bed." Abby said. Elizabeth notes the smudged eyeliner around her eyes. Did Abby and Chuck break up? She wondered.

"Have fun." Livi said. "The rest of us will be telling horror stories."

"Ight! No- not yet." Elizabeth snapped, as Abby rolled her eyes and walked inside. "That's for the last night."

~~~

After a couple days, the girls noticed they weren't alone in the barn. Someone- or something was with them. On the second night in, Abby left. Abby's car and Abby disappeared so the other girls just assumed that she went home.

Rebecca was the creative but dark one of the group. She made up a horror story about a shovel wielding maniac whom came to take them one by one. Although, she was next to disappear. With Ricky's car tires slashed. A shovel sat in Rebecca's bed space

On the fourth night, Elizabeth, Ricky, and Livi were stranded at the barn. "I'm going to walk to the village and see if I can call Justin for him to pick us up." Elizabeth mumbled.

"What?" Ricky exclaimed. "One, you can't even spend a week away from your boyfriend. Two, the challenge isn't finished yet! Livi can go into town and get supplies. Call him on Saturday."

Livi started on her journey the next morning. As the shy one, she hated taking to people other than her friends. She went into the grocery store thinking, "You'll be fine. Don't panic. It's just people."

"Hey!" Someone shouted as Livi ran into him. She had seen him before, but couldn't place it.

"S-s-sorry."

"Oh, Livi Conners." He said, slickly.

"Sorry?" Livi asked.

"Nothing. It's just, your friends wanted you to know they went home." He answered, his voice still sounding persuasive, although there was nothing to make her do.

"A-a-alright." Livi answered and ran past him to get the food her friends needed.

As she paid with her credit card, the employ asked her, "Do you know that man?" He pointed to the person she ran into.

"Oh," Livi explained how she knew the man, remembering as she spoke.

"Well, he's sort of stalking you as you're in here." The cashier said. "I could call the cops-"

"No!" Livi said, cutting him off.

"My names Dave, by the way." He mumbled. "Here's my number, if you see the man again. Or... If you- erm... just want to call."

"Livi." Livi answered, taking the number. "Thanks."

For the next few days, one by one they disappeared.