Chapter A: I'm gunna hate this place

Sometimes you just have to wing it. It's what I've done my whole life; Doing projects or pieces of work 3 days before they're due, and always trying to make people laugh and smile. That all changed when I was faced with a new foe, Middle school. To be honest, school has never been an issue throughout my life, on account of me skipping a grade. I've always embraced it as a priority. Middle school was just so different, compared to elementary school. My dad had told me that Middle school was actually quite enjoyable for him. Oh! Wait, I've haven't even introduced myself yet- The name is Maganda Ifek. I am half Filipino and half African American, though my skin color is much darker. I am 5'4 and one of the tallest people in my class. Sorry, sometimes I just ramble on, I could talk all day about different stories I have heard and experienced. But, enough about me and on with the rest of my science-fiction story.

I stood outside of my grey, lifeless school, which had windows lined up in the front and open doors with posters plastered on them, each poster telling you to join a specific club. The school had lockers, it looked so empty without kids filling it up. While looking at the school, I had thoughts run through my mind, like a bunch of five year olds hyped up on sugar. "What's this school going to be like? Will I make friends? Will the classes be hard? Will I get bullied?'' I guess I had been standing outside of the school for too long, as I heard the chatter of teens and tweens from behind me. I tried walking to the inside of the school fast but, was too late. I heard some kids telling me to watch it! Or just brushing past me as if I was nothing. As I started to walk again, somebody pushed me to the ground, the stuff I was holding fell with me. "Watch where you're going, ya dingus" I spat out to my shover. As I scurried to pick my books up, I saw the tips of a black pair of Vans. I looked up to the owner of the shoes and analyzed them. It was a group of girls, all wearing the same outfits, which consisted of: A black and red plaid shirt, leather jackets, and some black pants or leggings. I rolled my eyes "Typical rich ki-" I wasn't even done with my inner insult when the girl in the middle has spoken. "What did you say monkey ?" I was bewildered by her response and took action, I looked up at her with my most intimidating look I could muster and began " I. said. watch. where. you're. going." I was standing up, not even realizing I was. As if it was an instinct. She shook her head "Are you sure you want to do this runt?"

I looked at her in disgust " Do wha-" I was quickly cut off with the swift movement of her fist to my stomach. "Oof" I wheezed out. I bent down in a sort of L position and clenched my stomach, I heard kids gathering around us and yelling and screaming to fight. Jeez, these kids have nothing to do. I heard heavy footsteps walk towards me as the girl who punched me walked closer. I felt her hot and stinky breath over my head, "Did ya have enough ru-" now SHE was the one who was being cut off. I picked my head up quickly and nicked her chin, which would probably cause a bruise. The crowd went silent as the girl I manage to make stager stepped back, was clenching her jaw. Her group quickly looked at their "leader" then back at me, glaring. I looked at them with my most laid backed expression, like I did this every day. The group started to walk towards us, two girls on one side of the leader, and two on the other. As they started to walk towards me, I could hear the sound of heels hitting the pavement quickly and heavily. The group telling us to fight had also heard this and looked in the direction of the sound. The four girls still coming towards me all with their fist raised, ready to punch me.

"STOP!" I hear a womanly voice shout throughout the crowd, ultimately silencing us. The four girls had also turned around, mid punch. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!" what I can only assume to be the teacher yelled. I could see a student cowering behind the teacher, probably the one who told the teacher. "I-I- I was just," One of the girls stuttered, blushing from the embarrassment.

" I-I-I- YOU WERE JUST NOTHING ALL OF YOU WILL BE GOING TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE FOR THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR!" The teacher yelled, mocking the student. A few students snickered. All five girls went with the teacher as they walked in the direction of the office. All five girls turning back and glaring at me.

But I did not glare back, no, I just smirked, because of the battle that would drag on all year. And I started it.

Word count: 882 words