RK1K - A Thousand Petals.

/Connor's POV/
My eyelids flutter open. Sunlight is streaming onto my cheek through the crack in the curtains, painting golden stripes on his face. He's still asleep.
"Markus, wake up...!"
I gently stroke the side of his face, eagerly waiting for his mismatched eyes to meet mine.
"Mmm.. Morning, Con. Why're you all lit up?"
He asks, sitting up. His face is decorated with stubble and rays of sun.
"It's the first day of spring! And it looks like-"
Pushing the curtains fully open, I see that our flowers have begun to bloom. Thousands of petals of as many hues as there are on the canvas in the corner, all spread open wide for the world to see. It's beautiful.
"Our flowers have bloomed! Let's go get a better look!"
I leap out of bed, almost tripping on the blanket, and jump into the nearest pair of shoes.
"Hey, those are my shoes!"
Markus chuckles, chasing after me. We always race to see who's faster, and I usually win. Today is no different.
"Hello there, Mr Loser-Yet-Again."
"Oh shut up, you were made for chasing criminals and I was made for looking after an old man. Give me a break."
Grinning, he gives me a jab in the side with his elbow. I can't help but flinch, covering the spot.
"You know I'm ticklish!"
"Who doesn't know?"
Damn it, he's right. Hank took me into Kamski a while back and asked him politely to make me as human as possible, letting me eat, sneeze, and do basically anything like that. And by ask politely, I mean he may have forced him, but it all worked out in the end so it's fine.
"The roses are definitely my favourite. The petals look like they go on forever like an infinity painting. Have I ever told you about those?"
"No, you haven't."
He has, but I want to hear his explanation again.
"Okay so, there are paintings that look like they don't stop going on and on forever and the artist does that by making each part smaller and smaller toward the middle and-"
While he's rambling, I sit down on the grass, resting my chin in my palms. His voice is so nice to listen to. It feels like an eternity passes until he stops talking.
"Does that make any sense..?"
"Nope."
I'm only saying that so he'll explain again. Markus rolls his eyes and sits down next to me, legs crossed.
"Are you playing dumb again?"
"Possibly."
A grin spreads across my freckled face.
"Okay, I'll explain again."