Chapter 1: Naked-Dance-Mirror Self-Showdown

I couldn't believe who I saw before me. Zoey was dating Nathaniel, the guy I've been crushing on for months. I know I had no chance with him in the first place but I can't help being mad at Zoey.

"So you guys already know each other?", Zoey asked.

"Well I've been at that school way longer than you have so naturally I'd know more people there." I reply. I don't want to be mean to Zoey but this is just how it's coming out. I'm so pissed right now I could punch her but she's a girl so I guess that would cause some trouble.

"Uh... okay um I'll go get the food.", she looked at Nathaniel, "What would you like babe?".

"Just a normal burger and fries is fine. Oh and a coke.", Nathaniel said. Zoey leaves and is probably gonna order whatever she's getting for me. I snort without thinking. "What is it?"

"Oh I was just thinking what a basic order for such a basic guy.", wait what did I just say?! Oh crap now I'm just being a jerk.

"Do you have a problem with me or something?", he asked a little angry.

"Maybe I do! I mean you've only known my sis for two weeks or less so your probably just an asshole dating her for sex."

"What?!" he stood up and yelled loud enough for the whole restaurant to here.

I'm spewing all this bullshit and it just won't stop. "You heard me!", I stood up also but since I'm shorter than him it seemed to have less effect.

Zoey ran over and stopped whatever was about to transpire. "What's wrong with you Lexi?!". I stared her in the eyes not knowing the answer myself. I felt a tear stream down my cheek to my surprise. "U-um I don't know *sniff* sorry I need to go." I grab my bag and get out of there as soon as possible. Why'd I have to act that way?! And can I even call myself a man crying like that all of a sudden? I made a complete fool of myself and I probably made everyone at the restaurant uncomfortable.

I walked home feeling like absolute shit. I want to die right now. "Lexi what's up? Where's Zoey?" Mom asked as I walked in the house. I just ignored her afraid that I'd say something else that's stupid enough to get me slapped. "Lexi?"

I went upstairs, closed my door, showered and just sat on the floor in front of my bed.

"Oh... well imagine, as I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor and I can't help but to hear no I can't help but to hear the exchanging of words. I plug my IPod into the little speaker thingy and blast the song.

A few seconds later I find myself singing over the song and dancing butt naked in front of my mirror. "I CHIMED IN HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARRD OF, CLOSING A GODDAMN DOOR- NO."

All of a sudden my room door opens and I scream to face the perpetrator. I shut off my music and grab a towel. The door was pulled back quickly so that it was cracked. I hear some forceful whispers and then there's a pause. "Who the hell is peeping at me during my naked-dance-mirror self-showdown?!" The door opens all the way and instead of mom or at least effin Zoey, Nathaniel walks in. I feel my face set itself on fire in embarrassment. "Uh why are you not only in my house but also in my room?!" I yell not in a mean way kind of jokingly.

"Cool it Alexis I didn't mean to interrupt whatever the hell you were just doing, I came to apologize for earlier. I was being too irrational about your feelings I know you were just being protective of your sister. She told me about that time I saw you at the mall two weeks ago and I can understand why you'd be so protective so I'm sorry." He said. I couldn't believe my ears making him feel like he was in the wrong is making me feel guilty I didn't even think twice about my poor sis. From the moment I saw Nathaniel I couldn't even think straight. "Nathaniel...", I started but he stopped me. "Wait. I just want you to know that I have no intention of just playing Zoey I really do like her and I want to prove that to you so-".

I couldn't take it anymore. "Stop!", he froze. "Just stop that's not *sigh* that's not it at all I wasn't worried about Zoey I had something else on my mind. I was taking my rage out on you guys I should be the one apologizing not you.".

"Well what's wrong no one's messing with you right? Because if so I'll gladly-,"

"Stop that too."

"What?"

"Being nice to me. I don't want to be your friend. I mean it."

"What did I ever do to you? Do you have something against me?"

I don't get why he's asking questions any normal person would say fine and walk out of the room of the almost naked kid. "Nothing but I just don't want to be friends with you okay? So just get out of my room so that I can get dressed."

He stood up looking confused but then a smirk that for some reason I had a bad feeling about came over his face. I was pushing him out when he said, "By the way you have an angelic singing voice way better than your sister's raspy crow like-", I closed my door.

What.The.Fuck. now I have no idea what's going on. I tell him I don't want to be his friend and he compliments me. Does that sound like it makes sense to you, because I sure as heel don't get it.

------------------

After getting dressed I do some homework for an hour and then go downstairs for dinner. Oh look! Nathaniel's still here.

Why?

I DON'T KNOW!

Oh me your so funny.

Really? Thank you Me.

No thank you Me.

"Lexi your dinner's going to get cold if you just stand there staring at Nathaniel." Mom said.

I blushed immensely I didn't even know I was staring at him. "Eyes off Lexi! He's mine!." Zoey said hugging Nathaniel. I would probably have gotten angry right about now but the spaghetti sauce all of her lips -and a dab over her eyebrow- made it almost impossible.

"Ew how'd you manage yo get spaghetti sauce over your eyebrow?" I giggled as she tried to wipe it off quickly before Nathaniel looked over. I sat down and began eating. I slurped delicious noodles into my mouth and the splash of sauce from the noodles to my face explained why Zoe looked like that.

"Ewww! Look at you! It's on your eyelid! Hahaha!!!!" Zoey yelled and was DIEING in her seat about to fall out may I add.

"Hardy fucking har har." I said reaching for a napkin but they were all beside stupid Nathaniel and mom was giving me 'the look' because 'your not supposed to reach over the table' or something like that.

"Nathaniel could y-"

"Just call me Nate"

I huffed. "Nate could you pass me a napkin?"

"What's the magic word?" he asked and Zoey actually did fall out of her chair laughing this time.

"Oh my god Zoe are you okay??" Mom asked trying to help the rabid hyena up.

I took this opportunity to reach over and grab a napkin but Nate grabbed my arm. He pulled me close, "The magic word?" our faces were so close that they could touch in a matter of seconds. Stupid face heating up whenever you want to. I backed down, "Please.", I pouted.

"There now isn't that a good boy?" He gave me the napkin and pat my head like I was a dog. I slapped his hand away and wiped my spaghetti covered face off. He just laughed and kept eating. Damn you not even phased by my slap. "Butthead." he snickered but otherwise kept eating.

====================================================================================================

Okay chapter one is here! In my opinion I think this one is WAY better than the introduction chapter. As always votes, comments, and constructive criticism are welcome and wanted!!!

<3 :)