Chapter 10 : Doctor

When Shiho woke up, she wanted to kill him.

He was simply sat there, staring, as if she was some sort of science experiment. "What?" She crossed her arms. "Is there something on my face?"

Shinichi jumped a little at the sudden sound of her voice, he'd been sat there for almost an hour, reading a book, so engrossed in it that he'd nearly forgotten about the sleeping teen on the bed. It was when she'd started to open her eyes that he'd looked at her and stared, he didn't expect her to snap at him straight away. He'd expected a 'thank you' for carrying her there or for taking care of her, but obviously – it never came. And that annoyed him like hell.

"You're hung-over." He said.

Shiho cocked her head to the side. "I'm... what.. but my head.. It doesn't hurt. No. No, I'm not hung over."

That peaked Shinichi's attention.

"What? But you seemed very drunk earlier, do you even remember-"

"Yes. Yes, I remember. Don't ever mention it again. I was aware of what I was doing but I had no... control.. over it.." Shiho settled her hand onto her chin and looked deep in thought, she added -as if to herself-, "...must've been that drink.."

"Drink?" Shinichi questioned. "You mentioned that before, too; what drink?"

"I-Nothing. It's nothing."

Then there was silence and Shinichi felt like he wanted to break it, no, he needed to break it. He was so damn angry for no reason at all. He then launched into a monologue that many nights later he'd wish he could forget about, "What happened with you and Kid? Why did you go? Seriously, Haibara what the hell is wrong with you these days?!" Shinichi stood up, knocking the chair to the side. It toppled onto the floor with a loud thud. Shiho stared wide eyed. What was wrong with him?

"Well, someone's in a good mood." She said sarcastically, scoffing.

He grabbed her by both shoulders and pushed her onto the bed, leaning in close to her. She squirmed, but failed to relinquish herself from his grasp.

"Yeah, you know what. Hell yeah I'm in a mood. Ever since I took your antidote, I'd get these stupid mood swings. And you know what? Now I'm angry. I'm so goddamn angry. And all I know is that you're the reason. You're so damn frustrating, Miyano-san. So. Damn. Frustrating. Why the hell did you just leave on the boat like that? What were you thinking? I was there for you. You shouldn't have left. And now you come back all of a sudden, dressed in some skimpy hospital gown and won't even tell me what happened."

Skimpy hospital gown? Ha. What did he think had happened? Shiho chuckled to herself.

"You thing this is funny?!" He pushed her further onto the bed, her head pressed deeply onto the pillow. She began moving her legs to the side, wanting to get off the bed. This only heightened his anger; Shinichi got onto the bed himself, trapping her legs between his own. Gosh, so much anger and frustration. Why the hell was he so damn angry? Who gave a crap anyway..? He was going to let it all out.

Shinichi's fingers dug deep into her shoulders, and Shiho whimpered.

"Kudo-kun..-" She began to say but was cut off,

"Shut up." His voice had turned into a low, husky growl. "I'm not done yet."

Shiho went silent, her cheeks flushing at the close proximity. Her heart was racing against her chest. What was happening to him?

"So, what's so funny about that, huh? Why do you find everything so amusing? Do you not care how I feel? Don't you care that I worry about you? How do you think I felt when you just left me for him?"