Chapter Fifteen

Outside the night seemed impossibly dark, I paused to look up at the stars that seemed amazingly bright and positively luminous. Light pollution be damned. Instead of tugging at my arm to get me to move for the car, he joined me, tilting his head up to look at the stars. Moonlight brought out the best of his features, redefining the very definitions of the words gorgeous, hot, and panty-meltingly-sexy. The blue tinted light brought out all the cool hues in his pale skin making him look like the perfect casting choice if vampires ever came back in.

"Pretty night," he whispered, drawing my attention back to reality from the thoughts of my imaginary vampire Noah.

"Yeah..." I wiped my palms on my dress, not very sexy but unfortunately necessary. "Are we going to..." Oh god, I can't say 'do it,' I might be a virgin, but I'm an adult... kind of. I shook my head. "Can I rewind the night a bit?"

"Want to take it back?" He lulled his head to the side, as his question lingered heavy on the air practically choking me—and not in a fun way.

Did I? Am I ready? There wasn't a doubt in my mind I was over thinking it more than most people would. For fucksake, it was Noah Silas who was essentially asking me if I was down to fuck.

"I don't know."

He cupped my chin in his hand and drew me in for a soft quick kiss. "Let's go back to your place, drink some bourbon and if it gets there, it gets there."

"What if it doesn't?" I swallowed, and he drew me close placing a kiss on my earlobe.

"Then it doesn't, and nothing changes." He took my hand and led me the rest of the way to his car. A strange quiet uneasiness settled over the car as we took off for my building.

The ride was entirely too short, and not even ten minutes later we were climbing the stairs, and a minute after that we were in my place. Why was it so hard now? I knew the answer, but I didn't want to. I was number two-thousand-and-five, and he was number one. Somehow I managed to be both terrified and excited, I wanted it as much as I was apprehensive.

As I sat on the small couch more or less paralyzed by indecision, Noah walked around like he owned the place, taking the bottle of bourbon off the top of the refrigerator and pouring us two glasses which he sat on the coffee table.

He took a long drink from his tumbler, draining it about halfway before looking me over.

"Take your clothes off." At first, I didn't hear him, or at least I thought I didn't hear him. My eyelids fluttered.

"What?" I whispered, furrowing my brows, as he raised his. The look he gave me full of heat and longing made me quiver as I complied by standing and lifting my dress from the hem. The stretchy fabric came off over my head easily, leaving me in my bra, panties and thigh highs. Though I was naked, I didn't feel vulnerable in the slightest, I left the choker on, and my fingers went to the ring there. Without a word he leaned forward and looped his fingertip into the loop, drawing me toward him until I straddled his lap.

"Before I go farther, I want you to say you want this, Rosaline."

Our deep breaths were nearly synchronized as we gazed deep into each other's eyes and the stillness of the room settled in around us. He was hesitating as much as I was.

"You need to say it, Rosaline." Wetting his lips, he brought his hand to close around my neck, keeping my focus on him. "Because after this you're going to be mine." Those words brought those butterflies back to life, but a part of me didn't think he meant it as a dominant and submissive thing.