Modern Elorcan

Elide keeps on seeing this guy around, everywhere she goes. Today she saw him going out of the wrestler's block. Well, that answered one thing. He has longer hair than other guys but not too long, just that perfect length. He is very muscular structured so Elide was not surprised that he was probably majoring in wrestling.

Today when Elide was walking out of her ballet class she almost bumped into him. It was weird she thought; that she kept on seeing him so often for a past month, they were already in the second half of the semester, and she has never seen him before.

Today Elide promised her best friends Aelin and Lysandra to go to a club. "It is a Friday night; you need to have some fun," they said. So they went.

Elide was wearing a tight black dress. Both Aelin and Lysandra were wearing different shades of green. They were standing next to a bar when she spotted him. He was sitting with some guys, who she assumed were his friends. He looked right back at her and winked. Elide quickly looked away. Why are they always bumping at each other?

Then she saw Aelin smirking to one of his friends, the blonde guy. He was attractive but not so as his friend.

"Who is he?" Lysandra asked to Aelin following her stare.

Aelin smirked at them now, "Someone I met a few days ago, while training. Let's go say hello."

She was already moving. Elide, and Lysandra had no other choice but to follow her.

"Hi, you've come!" The blonde stranger said to Aelin kissing her cheek. Aelin smiled. "This is my friends; Elide and Lysandra" She gestured at them. "Nice to meet you," Elide, and Lysandra said at the same time.

"Pleasure is ours," said the beautiful stranger. "I'm Lorcan," He stretched out his hand for Elide and then Lysandra. "And this is Fenris and if you didn't already know Rowan." Elide smiled.

They all took seats. Aelin next to Rowan, Lysandra next to Aelin and the only free place that was left for her, was next to Lorcan. They spend their evening chatting, she told him that she is majoring in dance, and he said that he was majoring in wrestling just like she expected.

The evening stretched, and they had a few cocktails, although not as much as Aelin had. Right now she was sitting on Rowan's lap kissing him in the darkest corner of the sofa. Lorcan followed her stare and shook his head.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked. And only to avoid looking at Aelin making out sessions, she said yes. He surprised Elide, Lorcan was an excellent dance partner. They danced with the rhythm and other bodies around them did so as well. They talked about small things, and she lost count on how often he made her laugh. The evening was perfect until some drunk asshole bumped into her.

Elide lost her footing. They were standing on a little platform, but it was still a platform. When Elide tripped Lorcan caught her, but not too late for her to sprain her ankle. Elide knew the pain as well as her own name. She used to sprain her ankles while practicing all the time. But she still felt the stinging pain and hissed.

"Are you alright?" Lorcan was holding her, wide-eyed. "I just sprained my ankle, I think." Elide said, Lorcan looked at the drunken fool who pushed her. If a stare could kill, the guy would be dead.

When he helped her go to their table, Aelin was nowhere to be seen, no Rowan either. Lysandra was dancing with a few guys from her class and Fenris was the only one sitting there. "What happened?" He beheld Elides pained expression. "Drunk idiots, that what happened" Lorcan growled. "I'm fine." Elide reassured him.

"No, you are not. I'm getting you home." Elide tried to protest but he made it clear, so she went with it. While they were going out of the club Elide was leaning heavily upon Lorcan. "This won't do, you're in pain."

"What will you do, carry me?" Elide laughed. When she beheld his serious stare, she stopped laughing. "Wait, you actually thinking about carrying me?"

"You are in pain, please just let me." He looked sincere. "Please" He repeated. Elide opened her mouth "I live at least ten minutes from here, and I'm quite heavy." Lorcan suppressed a laugh now. "Compared to what I lift, you Elide are a feather."

He put one arm around her lower back and the other between her bent knees and gracefully lifted her up. She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled at him. He grinned back. They were so close, and her heart started to pound harder in her chest.

They chatted about their lives, and Elide once in a while told Lorcan where to go. Lorcan was slightly older then Elide. Nor he, nor Elide had parents it seemed, they passed away while they were children. The walk was fast; time flew by. It seemed he thought so too because he was walking rather slowly.

When they reached her apartment, he did not put her down. She could have asked for him to, but she didn't want to let him go just yet. She took the key from her purse and unlocked the door. He stepped inside. Elide was so grateful that she wasn't a messy person. Even with not planned guests, her home most of the time were clean and organized.

"You can set me down now" Elide said. When he hesitated Elide laughed "Realy Lorcan, I'm okay." At that, he sat her down.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" Elide asked. Lorcan smiled teeth showing

"Sure," He said.

He was making tea, while Elide changed her clothes. She was wearing black tights with a loose white shirt now. When she came to the kitchen, Lorcan said: "I can't find the tea."

Elide smiled, "The first drawer to the left."

Now they were seated on the couch watching the TV, well it was more like a background. "You live alone?" He asked.

"Yeah, I had a roommate for a year, but she moved out recently."

They talked for a while, but then Lorcn said: "I should probably go, you look sleepy, and you need to rest."

"I can rest with you here just fine." Lorcan blinked at her, "Stay" she murmured.

He considered for a while, smiled gently and nodded. She placed her head on his shoulder, and he wrapped his arms around her pulling her closer and kissing her hair, and then the sleep caught them both.