"I'm pregnant"

Two days ago, Elide find out that she was pregnant. She was constantly getting sick and could barely keep the food in her system. When she went to the healer and found out that she is having a baby, she got shocked.

It's not like Elide didn't want kids, she and Lorcan have been married for three years now. She just didn't expect it to happen now. She was happy, but at the same time, she felt uneasy about not telling Lorcan. She planned to tell him the same evening but, he came home so tired, and she just backed down.

It was ridiculous. Lorcan was ancient, and he wouldn't be afraid of Elide being pregnant. She knew that he would be an amazing father, but she just couldn't tell him, didn't find the right moment to. Or she didn't know how. He would handle the news, that Elide was sure of. What she wasn't sure of was how he would handle it. And that scared her the most. Before her, he had a completely different lifestyle, what if he misses that and the baby will only encourage him to miss it more.?

She had to put those thoughts aside; he was the father for god's sake. Not just a father of her child but also a husband who loves her. Today. She will tell him today.

Elide planned to tell him during the dinner. She started planning the evening in her head when the doors to the house opened, and Lorcan came in. It wasn't even lunch hour yet. Usually, he doesn't get home this early. "Lorcan what-" Elide started but stopped. "We were done for today, so I came home." Elide smiled at him "That's great." Lorcan came closer and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I missed you" he murmured to her. Elide turned in his arms to look at him "Well, if you wouldn't work that much, you would miss me less." He smiled, with a smile so rare that only Elide got to see. "It's not possible, not to miss you, my love." He kissed her hair and said, "I'm going to shower care to join me?" He smirked.

So she did. They bathed together ever since their relationship started. It was their thing, and they never got tired of it. When they finished, they dressed up and went downstairs.

They were sitting near the fireplace and drinking tea and Elide knew that it was the time to tell him. How she would start, she had no idea. "Are you okay? You seem distant lately." Lorcan asked. Elide tensed, it was now or never "A few days ago I went to the healer," Lorcan set his cup to the table, and she did the same "Is- are you ill?" Lorcan's eyes darkened she didn't think he was breathing.

"No, no it's not like that it's- I-" She closed her eyes for a moment, and he spoke, "Whatever it is, please tell me, Elide."

"I'm pregnant." Elide said and looked him in the eyes. Lorcan was stunned for a moment, he took her hand in his as she repeated the words more to herself than to him "I'm pregnant," he was still looking stunned. She started mumbling "I didn't tell you because I was afraid that maybe you would realize that it's not what you want or-" He cut her off with a small kiss to the lips. "Elide, you are the best thing that ever happened to me during my long existence. This child is the gift I never imagined to be able to have. You honor me." Elide couldn't stop the tear from slipping, relief; she felt relief. "How could you think that I don't want this.? Elide, you're my life. You, all there is. You and this baby from now on." She felt so happy that the sob of happiness escaped her and he hugged her tight kissing her hair.

"I love you. You will be a wonderful father." Elide murmured against his chest. He hugged her tighter, "And you will be an astonishing mother."

They spent the rest of the day like that. Lorcan held and kissed Elide all evening. Lorcan was glowing from happiness, and only looking at him like this made Elide happy. They talked about their future and what this baby will bring them. They were beaming so much that their cheeks started to hurt, but they couldn't stop.