chapter 19

I put my bag in the trunk of Zach's car and strapped Xavier in the backseat.

I got in the passenger seat and he backed outta the driveway. Watching the houses go by I started to feel anxious. My palms started to sweat and I started tearing up. I held my tears back and posted a picture on Instagram.

Ash_jo- bout to see my mom!💕💕

I watched as Zach pulled into the driveway and parked. I got out of the car and walked to the front door leaving Zach and Xavier in the car.

I opened the door and walked in seeing my mom in the kitchen. "Mom!" I sobbed and she looked over. "Oh my gosh! Ashley!!" She yelled running over to me. I jumped into her arms and sobbed into her shoulder.

"I missed you so much!!" We said at the same time.

God I needed her so much!

Zach walked into the house with Xavier and his suitcase. My mom put me down and I grabbed Xavier while Zach went to get the other bags.

"Mom! This is Xavier!" I said.

-time skip-

I layed Xavier down in his crib for bed then walked downstairs. Zach and my mom and her new boyfriend were talking.

"So mom!" I said sitting down next to Zach. "When did you and Grant start dating?" I asked. "Well, when you texted me that you landed in la, I was at the grocery store and I bumped into him. We started talking and he gave me his number. Wow! I feel like a teenage girl! I got a handsome mans number by bumping into him. But we've been dating for about 9 months now!" She said.

I nodded and she smiled. I don't know why but Grant seemed kinda like a douche bag. He also looked really fucking old! My mom's in her 30s. This guy looks like he's in his 60s or something.

I looked at my mom and saw pain in her eyes. She's trying to cover something up. I know my mom better than anyone! I know when she's hiding something.

"Mom can we talk?" I asked standing up. "Of course honey!" She said. I walked upstairs and into her bathroom. I grabbed a makeup wipe and handed it to her. "Take off you foundation!" I said.

"Why?"

"Please mom, just do it!" I said. She nodded and took off her makeup. I looked and saw a bruise on her cheek and she had a busted lip.

"Oh my god! Mom! Did Grant do this to you!?" I asked. She nodded and I stormed out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

"You mother fucker! Get the fuck out of my house!" I yelled at Grant.

"Who the fuck are you talking to!?" He yelled standing up.

He was taller than me. Way taller than me. He looked 8 feet tall compared to my 5'2 little body.

"Get out of my house! Now!" I yelled.

I watched as his fist went up before everything went black. Again! I'm 5'2 and this guys is huge! I'm a fucking 5 year old compared to him.

Zachs pov

"Oh my god! What the fuck!?" I yelled running to Ashley's side. "Grant! Let's go talk! Please." Her mom said. They started walking to the door when she pushed him out and closed the door locking it too.

I shook Ashley a little bit before her eyes fluttered open. "Ow! Fuck!" She said. I kissed her lips and she smiled into it.

I helped her up and we walked to the kitchen and she jumped up onto the counter. I grabbed an ice pack from the freezer and placed it softly onto her cheek.

Her mom came in and hugged her. "I am so sorry sweetie! I'm so stupid for being with him and staying with him! Please forgive me!" She sobbed.

"Of course I forgive you mom! You're my best friend! Me and you remember! It's always been me and You! And that will never change!" Ashley said. Her mom smiled and kissed her forehead.

"I'm gonna head off to bed! Xavier is in my room right?" She asked and Ashley nodded.

Ashley pov

Once my mom closed her door I placed the ice pack on the counter and pulled Zach closer smashing our lips together.

He kissed back and soon both our shirts were off. He picked me up off the counter and carried me into the living room.

He placed me on the sofa and kissed me again. "Wait!" I pushed him away. "What?" He asked. "Not here. Upstairs!" I said.

He picked me up bridal style and carried me to my room. He kicked the door shut and placed me on the bed. He locked the door and hovered over me.

You obviously know what happens next.